DC Universe Community Roll Call: Tell Us About Yourself!

Im from Connecticut born and raised. I got into comic book pop culture at a young age with cartoons like batman/superman the animated series, justice league, Teen Titans and young justice my favourite hero is green lantern Hal Jordan. Aside from dc I love most things star wars

1 Like

@Beaux79 Welcome, welcome! Marvelous taste in faves all around, I must say. If you’re into art (and I see that you are :grin:) start that depth exploration by checking out our DC Fan Art Club! They’re pretty awesome!

@savtrin Yes yes yes, those animated series, they just… they getcha! I myself fell prey to them as well, obviously. It’s a slippery slope. :joy: Welcome to our DC comic-topia!

2 Likes

We’d be happy to welcome ya to our ranks! But in the meanwhile, welcome to the community :tada:

And thank ya, B3, for the promo!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m from Trenton, NJ. I got into DC back when the Batman Animated series was airing. Batman was and is still my guy.
I am a visual effects artist for TV and film. I’m the guy who deals with green screen, removing wires, adding effects, etc. I only worked on one DC show which was Batman v Superman, it was only one shot. I want to work on more!
I enjoy, playing bass/guitar and drawing/painting.
Here is one of my paintings.
IMG_20190914_133403_991|400x500

4 Likes

Hey @ddeleonvfx!

Welcome to the community! That’s so awesome that you work visual effects and you’ve even been able to work on a project that included Batman! I love your art, you did an amazing job. We have so many talented artists in the community, you’ll fit right in! Let us know if you ever need anything.

1 Like

Thank you for welcoming me!! Feels good to be part of something

3 Likes

Where are you from? I grew up in LA, but live in Gilbert Az.
What or who got you into comics? I got into comics super young. They helped me learn how to read, and got me into reading!
Do you have a favorite DC character, either superhero or villain? Heroes would be, The Flash, and Batman. Villains would be Dex-Starr and the Joker.
What comic, TV show, or movie do you recommend to people who have never read comics before? The Killing Joke, Dark Knights: Metal, Injustice
What’s your perfect casting of your favorite character? I am a huge Bat-flek fan. Hahaha
What are some of your other, non-DC interests? Music, reading, video games, being a parent.
Do you accept pineapple on your pizza? Whatever floats peoples boats. I don’t like it. But whatever.

You rule.

1 Like

Hello everyone. It is an absolute pleasure being here, and I do hope have a great time on this app. Anyways I’m 21 years old, I currently live in LA, and the thing that officially got me into comics was playing the Arkham games back when I was 12 or 13 years old. Which also made Batman and Joker my favorite hero and villain. I guess I really enjoyed the mystery aspect of those two characters. Recommending films to people however, well it always depends on the type of person I’m talking too because if wanna get them into the Universe I need too pick the right film. It’s weird, but it has worked several times. There are many perfect Castings, but one that is over looked is Cameron Monaghan as Joker it may not have been the official Joker but I count him he felt like one of the most accurate live action portrayals of The Joker displayed in my personal opinion at least. Aside from all that I enjoy working on films, going out, and playing either Smash Bros or Mario Kart with friends. And yes I enjoy pineapple on Pizza

3 Likes

@Deather_Bradley YOU rule. We ALL RULE. MWAHAHA- coughs :joy:
I love when folks get inspired to read by comics! It’s such a great way to engage in stories. :green_heart: Welcome to the community! Solid recommendations too! Excellent. :relaxed:

@Joe_from_Gotham Woohoo! We hope you have an epic time here also, welcome! Arkham games, nice nice! Games are another form of media people don’t think about as great way to tell stories but totally are! The mystery aspect for Batman and Joker is definitely their bread and butter and when they get into that, I think it really shows the history in the characters!

3 Likes

:thinking:Where are you from?
Columbia,SC though live in Marietta,GA now.
:thinking:What or who got you into comics?
My parents, wanted to encourage me to read more, and as I was dyslexic, it was a great solution, been reading for fifty years now.
:thinking:Do you have a favorite DC character, either superhero or villain?
Hero is Captain Comet, Villain is Joker.
:thinking:What comic, TV show, or movie do you recommend to people who have never read comics before?
Too many to pick, but honestly the new Tv Star Girl, it introduces you to a fresh storyline combined with the history of the DC Universe, without having to know the backstory. Additionally it’s quite enjoyable to watch.
:thinking:What’s your perfect casting of your favorite character?
Captain Comet, I’d think Chris Pine would be perfect.
:thinking:What are some of your other, non-DC interests?
Marvel, of course, SEC Football,ACC Basketball, History, syfy and fantasy books
:thinking:Do you accept pineapple on your pizza?
Funny you ask, my favorite combo is pineapple,pepperoni, and banana peppers.

1 Like

Hey @rexrebel64.96323!

Welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing with us. Another Joker fan? What did you think of the Joker movie? Let us know! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need any assistance.