DC Weapons, Gear+ challenge

Thank you :blush: @Bukdiah.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Hilarious! But I must ask, who is in the bathtub?

1 Like

The infamous ambush bug!

1 Like

Thank you! Like @Broken-Knight said, Ambush Bug (Irwin Schwab)! His teleportation powers are derived from his suit!

1 Like

Oh, I thought that he was in the costume beside the tub. Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

@CynicalPink are we having a challenge for yesterday?
Did I miss it?

1 Like

Nice dude! But, what cartoon

2 Likes

If you’re asking about what cartoon I drew the gargoyle from it was Gargoyles. Used to be in Disney afternoon over 20 years ago. Really good and complex

2 Likes

Edit: I didn’t save my reference shots! I pretty much just googled whichever character, then did a quick sketch based on whatever thumbnail. This is the binary code background, and the bit of texture in the background is from this wallpaper.

Anyway. Babs as Batgirl is nice, but I’ll forever love Oracle best.

10 Likes

That is sweet! That is a super computer fit for a great detective, I should know, I am the real detective chimp!

2 Likes

Looks wonderful. Reminded me of the art from Robert Venditti’s The Surrogates (if you haven’t read that, it’s a favorable comparison, don’t worry :wink:) by Brett Weldele.

2 Likes

@stefanie.m Great job – you went all out! King Shark is really well done, but Etrigan is so darn cute!

@Broken-Knight I know you were on the fence with colors, but that is some very slick inking, and it looks really polished as is!

@Batwing52 I don’t know who it is, but it looks slick! Especially like that chess piece!

@TheRealDetectiveChimp I already commented, but I’m doing it again, because I still love how much you worked to set up a scene with this. A+ self photo. Glad you’re handling quarantine well.

@ImpulseMaxMercury I’m so proud of being able to recognize the Gargoyle without reading the comments further down in this thread! It’s not often that I catch pop culture references (but I used to LOVE Gargoyles!). As always, loving all the care you put into your pieces! The mashup is very cool, especially with all the intricacies and details you put into the musculature and armor! A+ for getting it in on time, too. :rofl:

@biff_pow I love how I can always count on your art to bring me a smile. And leave it to AB to wear a sock in the tub. Really nice work on those bubbles, too!

@AnonymousHQ You didn’t miss it. I haven’t been feeling great, so this is the first I’ve been on the computer. :pray: Forgive me! I’m going to try to get it up quicklky now.

5 Likes

@TheRealDetectiveChimp Glad it’s got your seal of approval!

@Batwing52 Thank you! I’m not familiar with it, but now I’ve gotta look it up!

1 Like

Thank you! It was quite a challenge to get my good side.

2 Likes

@biff_pow love it especially the toe poking out of the sock and the wiggle. But also those bubbles and the tub. Ok the whole thing :grin:

Thanks @CynicalPink KS turned out pretty good I really like that version of him from assualt on arkham followed closely by :kingshark_cutehqtas:

But your piece is wonderful! Love all the detail you put into it including the bat fam and flash and even supes. Well done dude!

2 Likes

Nice work @biff_pow, great work with the watercolors.

@CynicalPink :heart_eyes: love the techie style of the piece. Awesome color and all the little details in it make it just amazing, good stuff.

3 Likes

@stefanie.m and @Viciousdark thank you very much!

3 Likes