DCU Book Club Week 3: Nightwing (1996) Issues 1-6

Greetings!

This week the DC Universe Book club will be tackling Nightwing (1996) issues 1-6, available right here, on DC Universe!

To participate, simply read Nightwing (1996) issues 1-6 and come back to this post starting on Friday, 10/5 to discuss! The discussion will last all weekend so feel free to drop by whenever and let us know what you thought.

So to be clear, there WILL NOT be a separate discussion thread. It will all take place right here, starting this Friday at 5 PM.

Want to suggest a book? Voting takes place every Sunday starting at 12 PM EST.

Want to chat 24/7 about all things DC? DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

36 Likes

I’m probably also going to read the Ties that Bind (Nightwing 1995, 1-4) because I’m sure that I will feel like I’m missing something if I don’t. Blasted OCD doesn’t let me start in the middle. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic thanks again everyone for making this happen!!!

Matt you forgot to give us your credit card number

2 Likes

So we can’t read Identity Crisis anymore? I didn’t know books would shift out.

Good

Already read it, so gotta wait for Saturday.

1 Like

@Don-El

Oops I’ll include that in a separate post :wink:

Just an FYI. The first story of Nightwing 1996 (vol 2) is called Knight in Bludhaven, and it’s the first 8 issues. So reading six won’t give you the full story.

I will definitely read all 8 issues then

1 Like

Just finished #7 :slight_smile:

Looks like a pretty good arc to read this week. I am familiar with “Chuck Dixon,” and his “Knightfall” arc where, (spoiler) “Batman” gets his back broke.

1 Like

@Issac - I just bought Knightfall vol 1 to read even though I kind of know the story. The first half of Catwoman 1993 crosses over with it too.

2 Likes

Okay read the first issue and so try to tackle the second one tomorrow it was okay read we’ll see how it goes

@4GRANTed – I wouldn’t worry too much – I just checked, and that four issues in the 1995 volume is actually the first four issues of the 1996 volume – bit a gaff on their parts. :smiley:

1 Like

@Jay - yup, reported it to support staff

By the way , who else thinks that the observations on these threads about Identity Crisis were far more interesting than the very vague article that was posted on the news about it? Go Team!!!

1 Like

@Don - You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought the same thing about their coverage of it on DC Daily. I think part of it is that as the ones publishing the content, they can’t be really critical and they might not want to go too deep into spoilers for people who haven’t read it. We, on the other hand, have no such obligations.

3 Likes

Just bumping this so people don’t forget:) if anyone needs anything don’t hesitate to reach out!

1 Like