Death of Superman / Reign of the Supermen: Who is going to theater release?

Who else plans to go watch the theatrical release of Death of Superman/ Reign of the Supermen next week besides @KingPhantoms @JoshBertone (both at Los Angeles) and myself, my wife, my 32 year old granddaughter and 10 year old grandkid (local theatre next Sunday afternoon, right after church)?
https://www.fathomevents.com/events/the-death-of-superman-reign-of-the-supermen-double-feature

49 Likes

Ahhhh! I just looked it up I’m moving all next weekend what a bummer.

1 Like

Believe it or not , we actually had a good time watching the Inhumans release what was it last fall. Even though it was a dreadful TV series later, it was fun to watch at IMAX.

This time we’re just going to a regular theater, since we have to bolt from church to theatre 40 minutes away, lol.

Won Tickets from DC Universe so I am going…

4 Likes

Sweet

@bpickering_316, congratulations!

I’m going. I just hope the seats are better than when I went to the Superman 40th showing. As in the seats themselves since they were kind of small and I felt cramped in. I got a great view though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I certainly am and I can’t wait. I loved the Death of Superman movie and can’t wait to see the sequel. Not to mention that it would add to the experience to watch them in the theatre. I can’t wait to watch it all n the big screen. From the trailers Reign of the Supermen looks awesome, not to mention seeing spot on portrayals of Steel, the Eradicator, the 90’s Superboy, and Cyborg Superman. It’s going to be awesome no matter how they handle it, but I can’t help wondering if they’re going to take that extra step that would make it even better and add one of my personal favorite villains from the original story and actually include Mongul in the plot. They could get around making the movie without him, but including him would make it that much better.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me the date. Need to see this in theaters.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it’s just two days next week and then that’s it

1 Like

Woo hoo!

1 Like

Mongul being in the movie would be great. I love how Hal defeats him.

2 Likes

I wonder how much they’ll change the original storyline?

2 Likes

I have one Ticket for Death of Superman/Reign of the Superman next Sunday 12:55pm at The Harrisburg
Regal Harrisburg Stadium 14
1500 Caughey Drive, Harrisburg, PA

Anyone wants it let me know.

2 Likes

Believe it or not a couple years in a row my wife and I have stayed at one of the nice hotels there in nearby Gettysburg on the way back from a yearly business trip I have to go to. very close to where you are.

Unfortunately, not this year, the meeting has been moved to like April . We eill be watching it up here near Lake Ontario in New York State , very exciting!!

1 Like

So, I’m not going to this afterall. Yesterday, I called the AMC theater (which is the same one I saw Superman: The Movie at) and asked which auditorium the DF would be in. They don’t have reserved seating (which I’ve come to love) so you don’t know until you’re there with the tickets in hand which theater you’re in. I should have called before ordering the tickets but I thought “They won’t put it in that theater. What are the odds?”

Pretty darn good it seems. It turns that its the exact same one I saw Superman in that had the cramped seats I hated but endured because of my love of that movie.

Superman fan that I am, I’m not sitting in those outdated seats again for two movies. I cancelled my order online and that money will go towards seeing Aquaman in IMAX at a different chain instead. I’ll buy Reign when it comes out on digital on the 15th and have my own DF with comfortable seating.

3 Likes

I’m watching it here in DC Universe m.

5 Likes

I work weekends so I sadly most likely will not :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure Reign of the Supermen is going to be right here by the end of the month on DCU, but it’s still fun to see in the theater first.
Anybody else planning to go next week?

1 Like

I’ll be enjoying it at home, the 60” plasma will have to suffice. One of the perks of the subscription now is getting these DC animated movies directly to the app when they release

3 Likes

I’ll be going if I win the sweepstakes! Otherwise watching on the app. Either way, watching both.

2 Likes