Deathstroke Rebirth Volume 1

I want to read Deathstroke to get to Defiance and Batman v. Deathstroke, but I have no idea what the heck is going on. Can someone please explain it to me?

1 Like

If you want to get caught up on DeathStroke from the 2016 Rebirth. Its a great run. Im not fully caught up on it, but I really like Christopher Priest and what hes been able to do with what Ive read so far.

Rebirth (2016) was a big relaunch event, it basically hit the refresh button on the DC Universe. Many titles like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Deathstroke, etc all started over again at #1 with new creator teams.

Its meant as a starting place for new readers.

I would read DC Rebirth #1 first and then start Deathstroke #1 as well as whatever other titles interest you. Some of the titles that started over in 2016, have a Rebirth #1 issue(for ex: Batman: Rebirth #1, Superman: Rebirth #1) so I would start that first and then go into the actual #1.

There is also an early involvement with Batman and Robin in the first few issues of Deathstroke if that piques your interest.

I hope that answered your question.

1 Like

@major.zuma I read the full first volume but cant understand what is going on. I am looking for a recap of the first volume.

1 Like

I can try to explain it to you, but Ill do nowhere near as good of a job as this guy right here: https://youtu.be/74shnDr7ghU

2 Likes

@dexter I struggled but I forgot to read the Deathstroke: rebirth #1 first. Then you read #1-6

2 Likes

I know what you mean!! I recently read it all the way through, it has a really weird narrative style. At times I was reading and wondering if I missed something and then like ten issues later what ever my question or confusion was would be answered. The best I can explain it is it has a sort of none linear narrative structure. My best advice is to just power through it. It can be confusing at times but its worth it.

2 Likes