Detective Comics (1937-) #27

Detective Comics (1937-) #27

WOW, I’ve always wanted to read this.

4 Likes

Classic!

1 Like

The first appearance of the Batman Isn’t it nice that we can read this and not have to pay how such a high price for an original issue lol

6 Likes

The beginning of a legend.

2 Likes

Now we know where he got the idea to build his house we now call “DC”

2 Likes

I believe batman #1 has his origin

I stand corrected, batman #1 is the first joker appearance

1 Like

It’s great to finally read the first appearance of The Batman!

3 Likes

What a great read! Batman has always been my favorite and a classic issue the first appearance of Batman is.

Still looking for Robin’s first appearance :disappointed:

I love the tone and costume design of these early issues

Where’s the purple gloves?

Loving to read all these great comics that I’ve missed and can now finally read them!

1 Like

My journey into comics began with an interest in Batman, and DC Comics has since become one of my favorite hobbies. To me, the first appearance of The “Bat-Man” is pretty much a sacred event.

1 Like

Oh man I read this comic, not knowing at the time it was the first Batman comic. I loved it. I want to read alllllll of the old comics!
The scene where the villain is telling the guy what he was gonna do to him, and all he said was “you fiend!” I died laughing for ages. It was so amazing.

1 Like

The book that started it all!!! It’s so vibrant and the story is so simple, I love it.

4 Likes

Read it many times before but it’s so awesome that it’s on here along with other early issues

1 Like

Still fun to look at and imagine what it was like to be a kid and first lay eyes on The Batman. I especially love that he literally throws a dude off the roof of a building.

Batman killed, it’s on record.

7 Likes

A fitting start for his kind.

3 Likes