Dick Grayson Fan Club: Grayson (2014) #1-11, Annual #1: August 1 - 31

514cjCUwIgL

Hey, @DickGraysonClub! Sorry for the delay! @A1waysAJ and I thought it’d be better to wait for August 1st so we could have the entire month for our next event instead of ending halfway through it now that we’ve moved to month-long events.

I hope you guys are excited because we’re going to be reading Grayson #1-11 and Grayson Annual #1 this month!

Once he was Batman’s partner, now Dick Grayson is an agent of Spyral, on a secret mission to take down the organization from within.

:sunny: :sunny: Spoilers Start Now :sunny: :sunny:

Discussion Questions:

1. What do you think of this new(er) spin on Dick’s character?

2. What did you think of the art for this series?

If you have any questions, feel free to message me (@Nightroia) or @A1waysAJ

8 Likes

OMG I’m so excited!!! I’ve been waiting for the right moment to do this series. Honestly, in my humble opinion the best series to feature Dick Grayson. I mean, I love him as Nightwing but this series was just written so well and the quality was so consistent…

3 Likes

This is by far one of my favorite runs with Dick Grayson as a character. I loved how much fun he had as Grayson. He seemed so free from his past. The art was a special treat throughout the series. I think the extra characters from Spyral were wonderful. It is the most fun I’ve had reading a comic in a very long time!

2 Likes

Looking forward to looking back at the adventures of Juan and Julio. :joy:

3 Likes

If DC Universe ever wants to make a Titans spin-off, here’s the place to start.

3 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed: y’all know how I feel about Titans and considering what this series did for the character, yknow showcasing Dick as a person and letting his personality shine through without a mask and as @BatmanMazz said freeing him from the past of New 52 this would be a perfect :ok_hand:t2: redirection!!!

3 Likes

I completely agree with you. I happily own the entire series and I will have to buss them out again to reread with everyone!

1 Like

I bound my comics into one volume. I actually just read it this morning. I love getting it out to read. I don’t do it to many books unless it’s something I read a ton. It’s brilliant!

3 Likes

Omg you even got Seeley’s signature??? That’s so cool!

1 Like

Yeah, he was one of the nicest people I’ve ever talked to. It was an amazing experience. I had a bad experience with Tom King at the same convention. Don’t know if it was a bad day or had a bad fan experience, but he was rude to my nephew who was getting a Batman comic signed. I don’t want to get into the whole story, but it really soured me on him.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope that wasn’t your nephew’s defining experience there. I’ve wanted to go to a comic-con convention for years but have just never been able swing it for one reason or another.

1 Like

He actually hasn’t gone to another con since that happened three years ago. He luckily has started up reading comics again, but he was extremely discouraged after the experience.

:cry::cry: I’m glad he’s coming back around I hope that he never endures something that would push him away from something he lives again.