Do You Call Billy Batson Captain Marvel or Shazam?

Yeah i know. I heard he surpassed superman at one point.

2 Likes

Captain Marvel

3 Likes

I call him Captain Marvel. How is he supposed to refer to himself? If his name is Shazam then he can never introduce himself.

2 Likes

he has to mean it when he transforms. If he doesn’t mean it he won’t transform.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I noticed when reading Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E that Freddy can’t say his name or they make a joke of it.

But in a later Shazam title Captain Marvel or Shazam can say it just like what you said.

2 Likes

I usually call him Shazam. I know it’s really the wizards name, I haven’t seen any of his comics so I don’t really know the backstory for all that. Only thing I’ve seen from him is the movie which was good and sort of the reason why I call him Shazam since the movie is called that. It’s just easier to say and people still know who I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Shazam is the name of the wizard. He used to be Captain Marvel but I think more recently he is just referred to as Marvel.

2 Likes

I’m old school so I call him Captain Marvel…
Unless I talk to a young fan.

However, the weakness he had of being unable to say Shazam without changing back was hurtful to the character.

2 Likes

honestly Freddy shouldve just said Shazam like Black adam and captain marvel, never got the point of him saying Captain Marvel.

2 Likes

fair point, I havent seen the movie nor do I plan to but I read the comics so I’m use to call him Captain Marvel.

2 Likes

he is? I notcied in the new comics he’s called Shazam.

2 Likes

again, Billy has to mean it when he wants to transform. If he doesnt mean it Shazam won’t do anything.

1 Like

I call him “the artist formerly known as Captain Marvel.”

3 Likes

He was always Capt. Marvel to me and it was the Wizard Shazam.

2 Likes

He is and always will be Captain Marvel

2 Likes

Captain Marvel for sure.

2 Likes

Captain Marvel, he was the first Captain Marvel to me and will always will know him by that name.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I started reading when he was named Captain Marvel. So Captain Marvel he will always be. I never understood why the magical word was his name anyway.

2 Likes

Well it might be a drag if he’s ever brought up in a conversations.

1 Like

Exactly, wouldn’t the wizard feel weird that he has to share his name

1 Like