Does anyone else actually comment on the individual comic issues.

I was wondering, I enjoy giving feedback in the comics I likes individual comments sections they have. Does anyone else actually do that? Doesn’t seem like many people leave comments except maybe on the first issue.

Am I shouting into the void?

6 Likes

Sometimes when you shout into the void… The void shouts back.

6 Likes

I don’t comment on them to often, but I enjoy reading other people’s comments!

1 Like

I do. If I’m read a full series I’ll sometimes comment on the last issue of the series. I enjoy reading other’s comments too. And I appreciate that the comments are only displayed when you click the comments because sometimes people leave spoilers. I always read the comics first, then click the comments, just to make sure it doesn’t get spoiled.

2 Likes

@DanTheMan1

Great point! I will start doing this

@JLWWSM

I had to give Power Girl the recognition she deserves, and highlight a fantastic arc

2 Likes

@IssacBrown I couldn’t agree more. The end of the series was the best part. I really love Power Girl now. I left a comment on the final issue of her 2009 series.

2 Likes

I’ve done it a couple of times, but only after completing a full run or volume. I’d rather comple my thoughts instead of spread them out over 6-10 issues.

3 Likes

Compile*

I maybe left one or two here are there. But I do like reading what others may have written, so I should muck in more.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about doing reviews per arc but I don’t know

1 Like

I do. I’ve been leaving a comment on every issue of Batgirl New 52 and Manhunter that I’ve been reading. It also helps me remember the individual issue more because sometimes when I’m binge reading it all just starts to blur together.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t mind single issue comments

Nope. If I want to comment on something, I’ll just do it here.

When a comic is removed from the library, I guess your comments are also lost.

Well I think the ones from the Titans episodes that were originally rotated but are now back did come back with the comments included. But I guess that would be the downside, although by that same time anything posted here would be buried so far down no one would likely read it then either.

For most of the comics they wouldn’t allow me to post, so I just stopped checking

Perhaps DCU can add a Letter Col category to the Community… I really miss the letters in comics.

3 Likes

I have been commenting every once and awhile while I read Manhunter right now. I am truly enjoying the fact that nu52 commented on almost every issue because it gives me a bit of fun to see how someone else felt about the issue. His little blurbs are almost better than the official synopsis to get me excited to read the issue. Yes, I read them before I go into the issue. So far nothing too spoilery and man does it makes me even more excited for a series I love. I definitely think it has a purpose. At some point though they may need to implement a “spoiler” button, which hides the content if someone says the comment is going to spoil the issue. I don’t see it as much of an issue right now though.

1 Like

@PrincessAmethyst Oh wow I never thought someone would read the comments first so I have been discussing what happens in the issue. I treat it more like a comments section on YouTube where we all talk about the content after the fact. I always read comments after so I never even thought about the spoilers because I just assumed people would read the book first. Sorry if I spoiled something for you.

1 Like