Doom Patrol (1987-) #19

Doom Patrol (1987-) #19

Great run!

I highly recommend everyone read this if they wanna get into Doom Patrol. Morrison redefined them for the better and there’s something to learn within ourselves by analyzing the weird :call_me_hand:

9 Likes

Looking forward to reading this run

I’ve never read Doom Patrol but excited for the upcoming TV series so I’m gonna give this a read!

2 Likes

I bought My Greatest Adventure #80. Bought it again for $20. Bought it digitally. X-who?

1 Like

Grant Morrison is why i’m stuck with comics forever!

3 Likes

Hope the show turns out well. In the meantime, I have a lot of reading to do before it airs.

This run is amazing! Read all the grant Morrison stuff, it’s worth it!

2 Likes

Best Doom Patrol run so far

I love it

This Is my favorite comic by nu

I don’t even know Doom Patrol till they announced the show. I’m gonna give a this a read. Man… I love this app :blush:

9 Likes

One of the most undersung comics of the great “adult writing” period. Sharp political and social commentary mixed with nightmare images from Terry Gilliam, woven into an exciting high stakes superhero narrative driven by character needs. A big part of why I bought the service was to get a chance to re-read those stories and share them with my wife. Only problem is that those issues don’t really stand alone. The rest of the series better be up soon. . .
A must read, so many ideas Morrison came up with there were later pilfered into pop subculture.

6 Likes

Loved Morrison’s run in that comic.

1 Like

Every single run of this comic has always been amazing, i loved it the most in the late 90’s under Rachel Pollack where she took over the impossible task of following Grant Morrison.

2 Likes

Started collecting the 60s stuff in the 90s. This was a fun run.

2 Likes

New to the series and team just read this issue and i love the intro to crazy jane cant wait to see where grant takes this!

1 Like

Morrison’s Doom Patrol is one of the greatest things to ever happen in comic book history. He redefined the whole team without taking away or dismantling any of the original concepts. It’s so beautiful, unique, and strange in the weirdest/best way possible. If you haven’t read his run of Doom Patrol you are in for one hell of an adventure!

5 Likes

If you want to get ready for the Doom Patrol series on DCU then this is a must-read without any doubt.

3 Likes