Doom Patrol Ep. #11 “Frances Patrol” Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone! 🚨

Welcome to Doom Patrol: Episode 10 “FRANCES PATROL” discussion thread, where you can speak your blown mind freely!

Was this episode what you were expecting from last week’s preview? Are you as thrilled as we are to see more of Rita and Larry? Let us know in the comments below!

9 Likes

yes more rita, she cracks me up. I actually cried during this episode with Larry and his lover when they finally got together at the end. That Alligator was awesome. Cant wait for Flex Mentallo to make an appearance.

13 Likes

Great GREAT episode!! Loving this series so much. Every single character is so interesting and multi-layered. Thanks to DC Universe for putting this series on the “air” and opening my mind to these characters. Really hoping a Season 2 renewal is coming soon because this series is something special. I honestly feel like it’s HBO-quality in the best way!

9 Likes

Why are there tears coming from my eyes, Larry and John are so tragically sweet. I didn’t expect to cry at this, but the show is so good at striking a chord with me.

10 Likes

This episode brought tears to my eyes too. Both Cliff and Larry’s stories were heartbreaking.

8 Likes

I involuntarily yelled at John when he died.

4 Likes

Umm can you guys make a shirt based on the live action series

6 Likes

I really love the development between Larry and the Spirit. I have to admit I had never thought about John still being alive. He and the Spirit want the same thing for Larry, some peace. Its nice to see him get start to get it.

9 Likes

Almost every episode has managed to bring tears to my eyes and this episode was no exception. Plus it’s so good to see Jane have a pleasant interaction with Victor.

9 Likes

Amazing episode, best live action DC adaptation in recent memory. Thank you DC Universe.

7 Likes

Won’t even load for me

Agree, @aryaamir1989, I really liked seeing Jane getting along.

4 Likes

ow. This one his fucking hard. Also, I feel like rita’s character growth was underrated here. It took me a minute to understand her interaction with the dude known only as big D, but I think I get it now. At first, I thought she must be putting him on to try and get something out of him, because he was obviously too low class to typically warrant her interest. But then she gave him her real name. The more I think about it, the more I see that she was actually being polite and maybe even flirting a little bit…Genuinely. She really is trying to get over how shallow she has been in the past, and give people a chance regardless of looks. She has spent so much time being a shallow person, and is finally recognizing maybe that’s why she so miserable.

12 Likes

ow. This one his fucking hard. Also, I feel like rita’s character growth was underrated here. It took me a minute to understand her interaction with the dude known only as big D, but I think I get it now. At first, I thought she must be putting him on to try and get something out of him, because he was obviously too low class to typically warrant her interest. But then she gave him her real name. The more I think about it, the more I see that she was actually being polite and maybe even flirting a little bit…Genuinely. She really is trying to get over how shallow she has been in the past, and give people a chance regardless of looks. She has spent so much time being a shallow person, and is finally recognizing maybe that’s why she so miserable.

5 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

Sorry bout that. My computer was freezing up hardcore for no reason

5 Likes

Long road but Larry finally made it. All in the video review

https://youtu.be/OUBooZrTKHg

1 Like

This was probably my favorite episode of the season (but I do also say that every week). I love this show and can’t wait for more. I’m excited to see where cyborg’s story goes. 63% Cyborg!!! C’mon GRID!!! When he cut into his bicep, I cringed. So glad Cliff got that watch back from Frances, wish we could have got to see that fight LOL. The song choices have been fantastic every episode. The song at the end of the episode was no different. Frank Ocean’s version of Moon River was perfect (had me in my feelings). Thank you DCU for Doom Patrol <3

7 Likes

Everybody saw a lot of growth. Larry had the courage to find John and get closure. Cliff has the courage to face his daughter, and I think he came to some unrevealed revelation about that relationship. Rita took the first step towards letting go of her persona. Jane stepped up and took the lead. And Cyborg cut his got-dang arm open. Great job, everybody!

5 Likes