Doom patrol is criminally underrated please watch it

it better than titans but titans gets more talk and views. Well I mean they did put out the trailer like a week before the premiere so…yeah that was a really bad move

4 Likes

Doom Patrol…sounds familiar…

Also, what’s this “internet” I’ve been hearing about and what’s Al Gore got to do with it (to say nothing of love) ?Bryant Gumbel and Katie Couric talked about the “internet” on the news. Jay (of Jay and Silent Bob) has expressed curiousity about it too.

:wink:

2 Likes

@vroon I can’t tell if you’re playing but doom patrol is one of the DC Universe originals and we’re 6 eps in

1 Like

The " :wink: " at the bottom of my previous post is an indicator that I was in fact being a silly silly.

:wink:

2 Likes

Vroom, one of my grandsons was talking about the internet just yesterday. I asked him if it was anything like Al Gore’s Information Super Highway, because I have heard of that. He asked me what’s an Al Gore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My therapist has heard of it! In fact I just broadly described it, and she said, “Doom Patrol?” Its popularity in mental health clinics should be incorporated into advertising!

1 Like

@biff_pow, really? That’s fascinating. Did she seem pro, or was it like DP misrepresented her field?

1 Like

@BrightKnight Al Gore is a doll that Martin Prince bought on The Simpsons.

pulls string on Al Gore doll “You are hearing me talk.”

I do not know what the current ratings are for Doom Patrol, but even though it is not one of my favorite shows, I do watch it.

It does give me a few chuckle moments every now and then.

MACJR

@Applejack she just said another of her clients talked about liking it a lot, so she was curious about it and said she’d look it up online. I’ll ask her if she did and do my best not to chant “JOIN US.”

P.S. I thought it was funny because it reminded me of Freakazoid’s fan telling him that he was very popular in a number of state institutions.

3 Likes

Ha! biff_piw gets Post of The Day for a Freakazoid reference!

1 Like

*biff_pow

1 Like

Rotten Tomatoes has:

Titans at 79%
Young Justice: Outsiders at 93%
Doom Patrol at 94%

Now I don’t put a ton of faith into such website aggregators, but it does make it seem like Doom Patrol is far from underrated. :grinning:

1 Like