Doom Patrol moving to HBO Streaming

I have heard that Doom Patrol was moving to HBO’s streaming service. I am disappointed as I thoroughly enjoyed the show here and do not feel it’s fair to ask me to subscribe to another service to access their continuing story. Is there any possibility of a joint venture where it is first run on HBO and then once full season is done allow it to be shown here? This would be similar to Krypton (which by the way when is next season coming here?)

2 Likes

It is not moving. It will be also on HBO Max but not leaving DC Universe.

9 Likes

As per the announcement made at San Diego Comic Con and in the Watchtower forums, it’s airing concurrently with HBOMax. It was never going to leave here.

4 Likes

Whew! I’m sorry as the articles I read said it was moving due to budget concerns. I’m glad to hear it is staying.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

4 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury no worries at all. I’m just happy we’re getting more Doom Patrol. It was an excellent first season and I can’t wait to see where they go from here.

5 Likes

@superby1 I know. It was offbeat and funny enough and I felt it did more with character development in a few episodes than some series do over entire runs.

4 Likes

A lot of sites and YouTber’s can’t WAIT to say anything to imply DCU is “done” and any info to the contrary is met with “I can’t hear you LALALALA!” and as such people still want to report Doom Patrol going to HBO MAX missing the info it will air on both simultaneously even though from the beginning that has been the announcement.

Not saying changes might not be coming for DCU. But be wary of any story (especially one from a questionable source) who is reporting some variance of DCU’s doom because a lot of people are just reporting what they want to hear. Which for whatever reason is DCU is “DONE!”

4 Likes

@DanTheManOne1 I know better usually not to believe everything I read as it may not be complete. I am so glad to hear this and I love DCU not only for comics and shows but the sense of community.

2 Likes

Long Live DCU!!!

2 Likes

I think many of us are so used to the reports of “DCU is finished” that when you see an article, you’ve just gotta laugh.

It’s like this service is a personal affront to people. They’re waiting for any crack to point and say “See! See!”

1 Like

I know. It needs to be given a chance to grow not be torn down.
Personally I like it not only for the media content but also being to express my thoughts on DC among like-minded people. Which in my case is a little scary​:crazy_face:

1 Like