Drawing Tablet

I may be (fingers crossed) getting a drawing tablet for my computer on Christmas. I was just wondering how many of you are into digital art, and what program do you use? I have Gimp, and find it… meh.

3 Likes

I just recently got my first pad, x-pen deco 01 v2. I don’t have anything else to base it off of but I like it. I’ve been using that free art program call Krita, it’s pretty good hardest thing is trying to figure out all the different setting LOL.

3 Likes

yes…@Cynicalpink

3 Likes

I use Procreate from my iPad, mostly because it’s hard to find time to get in front of my computer. At the desktop I use Photoshop, but I realize that’s pricey.

It’s very much a case of different strokes for different folks, though. Most pay-for programs offer free trials. You should grab a bunch of the best rated and see what fits your style and tablet best.

Edit: I’ve been wanting to try Krita. I don’t love Procreate, but it was only $10, and I think it’s mostly my own fault that I haven’t gotten better with it yet

3 Likes

Downloaded Krita, looks interesting, will definitely have some fun playing with it.

1 Like

On the Samsung tablet I use Autodesk Sketchbook. The free version doesn’t have everything, but it has more than enough to get started.

I have it on my note, they do have a desktop version I think. Was going to try that out too and see if it will be easier to swap between the two. Example, doodle something at work and finish at home…

I’m a Photoshop lifer but I’ve heard great things about ClipStudioPaint. Congrats on (hopefully) getting your tablet that’s an exciting first step into digital!

1 Like

I use MediBang Paint Pro with my iPad, and I used to use it on my computer, too! It’s a really great program, and it’s free, pretty great for beginners, as i’ve been using it since I first began, too.
I also used to use Procreate on my iPad, but I’ve been so used to MediBang’s pen features I couldn’t get used to the features with Procreate. Procreate is more expensive (on iPad) and is for more professionals than beginners, it seems.

Other than that, I wish you luck!

2 Likes

Well, I was right!! Got the graphics tablet for Christmas! Of course before I could hook it up, my motherboard fried :frowning:
Everything is replaced and ready to go, will post some of my newly digital work asap!! Thanks for all the suggestions, and I will be sure to try them all to see what works best for me…

1 Like