Fancast for Dream Batman Project:

It would be something Arkham Based, directed by Guillermo Del Toro. Based on A Serious House on a Serious Earth and Long Halloween. I think the trial of Calandar Man would be amazing to adapt to live action.

Scarecrow- Matthew Lillard, Shaggy has the perfect build for the good doctor, and an excellent emotive range that could go from nuanced to manic.

Joker- Mark Hamill, I know the Mouse and Time Warner are bitter enemies, but they did get Mark trained up to play Luke in Last Jedi. I say strike while the iron is hot. Use the iconic voice of Joker while he’s in peak condition. He’s not that much older than Nicholson was when he played the character.

Mr. Freeze Hugh Laurie, House MD would be perfect as Freeze. He’s tall, he’s got a good sarcastic monotone, and his long face would look nice and alien in the Freeze Helmet.

Clayface I- John DeLancie, Basil Karlo is an actor, with obvious connections drawn to his inspiration, Boris Karloff. While I would love to see an impressionist doing a Karloff voice for him, I feel the best way to adapt him is pompous Shakespearean thespian, and no one is better at arrogance than John DeLancie… Except maybe Patrick Stewart.

Riddler- John Mulaney, while I don’t think Carrey’s rubberface suited Eddie very well, Mulaney’s sharp dressed wit and self deprecating comedy fit Nigma to a T.

Ra’s Al Ghul- Siddig or Fehr, I think Gotham & Young Justice got it right. You have to cast Ra’s realistically.

Mad Hatter- Matt Smith, 9 & 10 were already swallowed up by Marvel. We need to grab 11 while we can. He’d make a great Tetch. Nervous and stooping, but secretly sinister.

Two Face- Oscar Isaac, he’s pissed at Disney over their multiple blunders with TROS and especially backing out of FinnPoe, I say we use that to our advantage. Also, he’s a dead ringer for Harvey in BTAS. I think it would be perfect to adapt his look from that. Enough of this burn victim stuff, bring back blue and green colored skin with white hair.

Calandar Man- Madds Mikkelson, why not lean into the whole Hannibal Lector thing and just cast Hannibal as Julian Day? He’d be great.

Deathstroke- Stephen Lang, he’s got that grizzled war vet thing down pat. Just add goatee & eye patch.

Poison Ivy- Kristen Stewart or Emma Watson, I don’t want to hear any pissing and moaning about Twilight. For one, owned by Warner, so ixnay on the iticismcray. Two, Kristen is a good actress who was cast in a bad role. Same as Megan Fox in Transformers and Hayden Christensen/Jake Lloyd/Natalie Portman in Star Wars. I like the idea that Ivy is being locked away from the sun and soil in Arkham as they torture her, attempting to convince her that her powers aren’t real. And the third act would have her breaking out and delivering swift retribution upon her captors. Showing that you cannot imprison mother nature.

Who else do you think would be good in this?

2 Likes

I would rather want to see something like the animated series and the burton films directed by David Fincher based on the Strange Apparitions storyline and the Dennis O’Neil and Neil Adams run of the late 60’s and early 70’s, and the even the golden age since there wasn’t any thing like that in film yet.

Batman - Jake Gyllenhaal
I know people would prefer him as Joker, but he would be perfect as Batman. He’s got the double personality thing down, and he played Mysterious in Spider-Man: Far From Home so he’s used to superhero movies. His role in Zodiac, also by David Fincher, shows his detective side which I need to see in many more Batman movie.

Alfred Pennyworth - Christoph Waltz
Christop Waltz seemed obvious here, isn’t it? He’s a two-time Oscar winning actor, and it shows that he’s great at this. He played a mentor figure for a younger man in Django Unchained, who stays calm, and guides him through the world. That’s how I would see Alfred here. Have him be a mentor figure for Batman who would never leave his side, and make sure he’s always safe, along with others.

Commissioner Gordon - Bryan Cranston
Of course it’s Bryan Cranston, he is the biggest choice today. I think he’s be perfect as Lex Luthor, but this is Batman and not Superman so why not? He voiced Gordon already in the animated Batman movie which has the same name of the film it’s based on, Batman: Year One by Frank Miller. Of course Bryan Cranston would be amazing for the role.

Robin/Jason Todd - Lucas Hedges
If I was casting Jason Todd as Robin, I would go with Lucas Hedges. The man is into dark and gritty things, and I think being Robin in a Batman movie is perfect for him. I can see him being a more angry Robin, but see him be a helpful sidekick for Batman.

Scarecrow - Rami Malek
Rami Malek is an obvious choice, isn’t it? Some people think that screaming and yelling is scary, but if you look at Nicolas Cage it’s just funny. Rami Malek shows how to be a creepy character for his role in Mr. Robot, where he looked menacing and horrifying. I could imagine him becoming the master of fear himself.

Penguin - Paul Giammatti
I think that Paul Giammatti for his role as Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, even when it wasn’t good, I think he needs redemption. I could see him as the classy mob boss who always says he’s reformed, and Giammatti has that Humpty Dumpty look that I think would suit the Penguin well.

Mad Hatter - Michael Sheen
There is no other actor that has the same amount of versatility and great energy as Michael Sheen himself. Although he did turn in some laughable portrayals, (Twilight for example), he is always reliable for an entertaining performance. I could see him as the Mad Hatter being both serious and delirious at the same time, since the Mad Hatter is a every villain, he’s not suppose to be entirely taken seriously since he’s coo coo.

The Riddler - Matt Smith
Matt Smith I believe would be perfect for this role. There are two type of Riddlers. One is a narcissistic, cold and calculating Riddler or the comical and flamboyant Riddler like in Batman: Forever (1995). But I think he can do both, make him serious but delirious at the same time.

Hugo Strange - Stanley Tucci
Hugo Strange is one of the oldest Batman villains of them all, and has even figured out Batman is Bruce Wayne in some versions. He is meant to be a genius, and Stanley Tucci is perfect for the role. For his role as the serial killer George Harvey in Peter Jackson’s The Lovely Bones, the actor himself has stated that he had researched the watching documentaries and reading books by criminal profiler John E. Douglas about catching serial killers. I could see him as a brilliant mastermind who knows how to mentally destroy other people’s minds.

I agree on the 70’s era tone, maybe something that concentrates less on bombastic fantasy spectacle in favor of a grounded detective story with John Wick style action. In an Ideal world it would be a seasoned Batman solving a murder investigation over the course of one night, while simultaneously running a gauntlet possibly due to a Gang war caused by the murder he’s investigating. There would be several villains throughout but the focus would always be Batman.

I’m not sure who I would put in, so I just cast some randoms, also I agree on Tucci as strange and Cranston as Gordon.

Batman: Karl Urban

Joker: Walton Goggins

Alfred: Liam Cunningham

Batwing/Luke Fox: John Boyega

Luscious Fox: Ernie Hudson

Penguin: Tim Roth

Riddler: David Tennant

Scarecrow: Doug Jones

Killer Croc: Michael Jai White

Mad Hatter: Steve Buschemi

Batgirl/Cassandra Cain: Lana Condor

Rene Montoya: Gina Rodriguez