Favorite DC Book of All Time

Flash: Terminal Velocity

A close tie between Kingdom Come and Flash: The Return of Barry Allen. It cemented my love for Wally West by issue #79!

Hush is my nostalgic choice.

As an adult, my favorites are Waid’s Flash run, Gleason’s Superman, and really anything by Waid, come to think about it

3 Likes

I think it might be a toss up between Dark Nights: Metal, Batman: Black Mirror, and Teen Titans: Judas Contract. They manage to tick all the boxes for concept, writing, and art for me. There are other stories/arcs that I enjoy but normally there is just something keeping it from heading to the top.

1 Like

One of the most entertaining and exciting continuous series for me was Gotham Central by Ed Brubaker and Greg Rucka and illustrated by Michael Lark, that just had a fantastic Noir street-level realistic feel to it even though it did feature fantastical villains like Mr. Freeze.

1 Like

Crisis on Infinite Earths, especially issue #7. That issue is the single greatest comic ever written. The scope is epic, the stakes are high, and the George Perez/Jerry Ordway art is THE best I’ve ever seen in any comic book.

1 Like

All star Superman or death in a family

1 Like

Both by Mike Grell:
The Warlord
Green Arrow (both the Long Bow Hunters and the ongoing after it)