Favorite DC Christmas Present

The title says it all, what do you recall as being your favorite DC related Christmas present.

8 Likes

Not sure it was my favorite, but I look pretty happy and excited for this one. Also, showing some Xmas cheer to Marvel, rocking the Hulk PJ’s.

JokerMobile

12 Likes

This is a contender. Kenner’s Batman Forever Batcave playset from 1995:

Still one of the top 10 playsets of all time, DC or otherwise.

8 Likes

Yes it is, thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Thank you for the topic. :+1:t2:

I can still vividly remember seeing that beast by the Christmas tree on Christmas morning in '95. Sure, it was wrapped but I knew what it was the second I saw it. :batman_hv_5:

5 Likes

Yes, those are awesome memories, waking up and seeing your dreams come true under a XMAS tree

7 Likes

I got this lamp in 87/88. I had it for twenty years before it finally gave out. I used it at my desk.

10 Likes

Santa was nice to you that year.

6 Likes

Dude wants $250 on eBay! :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Technically it wasn’t a Christmas present but my sister bought me a pop art style Batman poster once!!!

6 Likes

Yeah, I looked up the JokerMobile once, and they wanted like $600.00 for it. Insane.

6 Likes

I got Superman Year One last year.

6 Likes

Definitely when I got Arkham Asylum to go along w/ my new PS3 in '09. That was what truly kicked off my love affair w/ DC

6 Likes

I’ve only received three that I still have (I have gotten others when I was younger, some good, some may not have been on Christmas), but this is my favorite:

But, including birthday:
(Wish more were released)

Now, when I was a wee little lad, this one entertained me for some time:
[Drat,] I have to admit when I’m licked sometimes. I can’t find an image, but if I recall correctly, it was almost the dimensions of a thermos; the exterior was purple; the top/lid was green (I think the figures were on top); when it opened, it had a jail with a door that opened; there was a zipline; the characters were Batman and Clayface; it might have had a bottom lid, too; and there might’ve been another feature. I got it because I traveled a lot and liked playing with it, but I can’t believe I can’t find the image. I could be wrong with the description, but I think the color scheme and lid structure is correct.

5 Likes

I’d say every year in Christmas when the Arkham games came out I got and I’d be it as we watched it like a movie at my house over the holidays. Always fun awesome™:+1: memories.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I got DVDs of Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Justice League, Suicide Squad, Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo, Teen Titans the complete series, Teen Titans Go! some DVDs, Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans, and some plushies from Teen Titans Go! and DC Super Pets.

7 Likes

Nice.

3 Likes

I remember getting a few Superman and Batman comics when I was 8 or 9. Probably helped fuel my deep devotion towards all of these characters.

5 Likes

It’s odd. I believe Dark knight rises takes more form Dark knight returns than long Halloween and/or Dark victory. Does anyone else agree with me on that?

4 Likes