Favorite Obscure DC Titles of the Silver Age

I thought I would ask everyone what their favorite obscure DC titles of the Silver Age are, the titles that few people have heard about these days. I will leave up to the individual as to what they define as “obscure,” but I think we can all agree that the big-name titles, like the Superman titles, Batman titles, Justice League of America, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern aren’t exactly obscure!

Anyway, I would go with Challengers of the Unknown, Metamorpho, Sugar and Spike, and Rip Hunter Time Master myself.

2 Likes

Flash superman batman r obvious of corse but falling through the cracks had some very interesting stuff warlord was cool far too short of a series they could start making more of those we would c what our old friend has been up too

2 Likes

Blue beetle was also good the question fenominal hourman very cool dr midnight hes still a great charicter even today

2 Likes

Ooooo house of mystery how could i let that lil gem slip

2 Likes

Some of the really awesome space titles were fun. While they tended to be more back-ups than main features, Atomic Knights, Space Cabbie, and Space Ranger were all cool. I was a big Gardner Fox fan even before I understood how significant he is to comics history—I’m glad to see some of his stuff, like Adam Strange, get a new lease on life.
Oh, and DC’s Tarzan line, with great artwork by Kubert, Kaluta, and lots of others, is overlooked.

2 Likes

Like you, I loved Gardner Fox before I even knew how important he really was! I loved Atomic Knights and Space Ranger. I really think DC should revive Adam Strange at some point. His stories were among the best DC produced in the Silver Age.

1 Like

Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen. Katmandu, The Haunted Tank.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yes, any of those issues of Batman in the 60’s where psychedelia and groovy far-out happenings were real in.

2 Likes

I believe they have rebooted Adam Strange, IIRC.

2 Likes

I hope the writers do not cave into political correctness and change his name to Adam the perpetually misunderstood.

1 Like