Flash Needs a Dog

Superman has Kryto, a dog from Krypton. Wonder Woman has that horse. Batman has a million pets because of Robin. Flash needs a dog. Not just any dog though, I think the dog could have a connection to the speed force. It could be a German Shepherd because they are good police dogs, and the Flash is a great detective. The Flash has always been unfortunately petless and I think that this should change ASAP.

15 Likes

As a Flash fan, I strongly concur!

6 Likes

Loving your username

4 Likes

Barry having a pet that could run right alongside him would make for some amazing imagery, so I 100% support this

8 Likes

Thanks!

I can picture it already @arkhamassassin, love the idea.

5 Likes

Mmm… I’m thinkin’ that this speedy breed is a bit more in line with Barry’s hero thematic:

11 Likes

I like the greyhound idea, but German shepherds are great too! What would he name his dog you think?

3 Likes

@mccaggers91- Hmm, that’s a good question.

Here’s some ideas:

Venti- latin for “the winds”
Pakaa- Hawaiian for “the god of the winds”
Tate- the wind god of Lakotan tribal spiritualism
Hermes- the Greek god of speed

He’d need a catchy name- that’s for sure. :flash_hv_1: :dog2:

4 Likes

These are far better than what I was coming up with. I instantly thought Zipper or Zippy for short.

5 Likes

I dig Zipper. :grinning: :+1:

4 Likes

While greyhounds are indeed magnificent (am biased), they have no endurance. Barry is an everyday kind of guy, so he would need an everyday kind of dog. Some kind of mix or mutt would be more his speed i think (pun intended if desired).

5 Likes

Especially if the dog had a lightning bolt pattern in their fur.

4 Likes

I think at that point Walt Disney might get their lawyers ready. :laughing:

Love this idea in general, though!

9 Likes

Do something different. Give him a cat or a chicken.

2 Likes

A dog with super speed? Squirrels would go extinct within an hour. But a well trained doggo could do the Flash good for sure.

7 Likes

Na he need a pet cheetah or something like that :joy:

5 Likes

how about… a hedgehog…a very fast hedgehog…that we could call…sonic

6 Likes

Now that you’ve said that I’m picturing a little hamster running on its own cosmic treadmill.

6 Likes

I’m a simple man. I see superheroes with adorable pets, I empty my wallet.

4 Likes

My brother has a hedgehog named Barry. Named after the fastest one to ever do it.

2 Likes