Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

It’s not quite “breaking the fourth wall”, but it’s surprising and fun to see something from real life referenced in a comic you’re reading.

I’ve found a few examples of these and would love to see panels that other fans have found in their adventures.

Dr. Pepper “advertisement” in The Untold Legend of The Batman #2

16 Likes

nevermind

1 Like

nevermind

:joy: Well, alright then!

2 Likes

I had t

2 Likes

“Wakanda forever.”
A reference to Marvel’s Black Panther movie

Deathstroke Arkham (Rebirth) #36

8 Likes

I had to remove it.
Sometimes I forget that a curse word would probably get me in trouble.

Can you edit and blur that part of the image? If not, I’m sure you’ll find another awesome panel to share!

2 Likes

utes.

2 Likes

Eat

2 Likes

Actio

9 Likes

Whoa! So cool, @dogwelder9! And fun fact too!

3 Likes

Fun Fact…you can’t show Clark Kent on a comic cover drinking a beer yet it was OK for Superman to drink like a sailor and be a d!($ in the Superman 3 movie.

3 Likes

that was Suskinds call, they owned the movie rights and unless specifically named in the contract as a “no-go” they could.

And there was plenty of product placement in those movie. (Was it a bottle of J&B? If so I’m sure they paid good money for that placement.)

1 Like

In BvS alfred says [looking at an empty wine bottle] “I hope the next generation of Waynes won’t inherit an empty wine cellar. Not that there’s likely to be a next generation…”
In the TDKR he says it as well, i caught this the second time i read it after watching the movie.

8 Likes

A reference to the CW show, Supernatural

Batman The New 52 #18

11 Likes

Interesting crossover between comic and 2 different movies. Great catch @LEXC0RP! Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

Nod to Han Solo in Star Wars

Batman and Robin #35

10 Likes

Gro

7 Likes

Good one, @dogwelder9! Love it!

3 Likes

Also this:

7 Likes

I love these kinds of threads! Makes rereads feel like a scavenger hunt.

6 Likes