Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

Every time I hear stupendous I instantly think of Biggie Smalls. It’s a knee jerk reaction & I love it.

2 Likes

The Guardians are small blue humanoid creatures.

Ric Flair reference

4 Likes

Is it only my tech? Or is everyone missing the pics that go with the posts? This one had a Batman pic on the outside & that’s how I located it. I noticed all pics are gone from all of the topics. Not inside where we post, but where the person who created a new topic put there pic that goes with the topic.

1 Like

@capo-mage, I noticed it yesterday. It seems like an update. We’re talking about it in the Master Topic: New Community 2.0 Questions Feedback Suggestions thread. I’m not a fan. It really does a disservice to topics like this, which are visual in theme.

1 Like

Ok thank u so much for answering. I just went to the tech squad filled out a form. Then contacted the mods. Deleted & reinstalled the app. I thought for sure my IPad was about to die out. I literally just got done. I used this post as an example. I said I used the pic of Batman to locate this post all the time & sent a pic of it as evidence. The DC ones are gone for me too. Like there was a pic of poison ivy & harley for the vs one. I opened it & answered & now it’s gone. Thanks, that scared me so bad b/c I can’t afford another iPad & I thought it was fading out.

1 Like

No problem! That’s how I locate things too, @capo-mage. It’s also confusing that the avatar associated with the posts is now the most recent person who posted vs the person who created the topic. I hope that a full update happens and this is just a temporary solution. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m talking with Applejack about it. They’ll get it fixed. I said u finally answered me cuz I asked a few people & u answered & said you were experiencing the same. AJ asked when it started, I said me & you noticed it yesterday. I noticed it was 1or 2 so I thought those people removed theirs & I thought that seemed unlikely. Than today, all of em including DCs are gone. It’s not something that was done on purpose. AJ thinks it could be a system reset. I’m just happy it’s not just me. I’m sorry to say that but I can’t buy another iPad. I literally have 0 dollars to my name.

1 Like

@capo-mage, I completely understand. I’m happy that my reply helped and that you took the ball and ran with it. Thank you! Also, @BestBeastBoy replied in the other thread so it’s being worked on from all angles. :grinning:

2 Likes

Right on. I reread the post & I didn’t mean to make it sound like me & AJ got this handled, lol. I just requested help from a mod & AJ answered. I had pics of this post, the Amber Heard as Mera post & the DC ones Ivy vs Harley etc. that I took pics of as examples. Thank u tho, I thought for sure my Ipad was done.

1 Like

Awesome.

1 Like

YJ (2019) #1 Harry Potter reference from Impulse.

2 Likes

Same as above :point_up_2:Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who.

2 Likes

Because cat ears of course

Far Sector - Issue 3

3 Likes

Selena Gomez reference

2 Likes

A nod to the show Inspector Gadget

Batman & The Signal #1

4 Likes

Wow! The colors on the Impulse comics are really vivid! I love the references too!

1 Like

Thank u. That was the new YJ on here off of my tv.

2 Likes

Detective Comics #877

References to Looney Tunes - Roadrunner and Porky Pig

2 Likes

Teen Titans: Judas Contract animated movie brings an animated Kevin Smith!

Later in that scene, Starfire and Nightwing are watching a Daffy Duck cartoon.

2 Likes

2001 Space Odyssey reference

5 Likes