Future DC Universe Shows

DC Universe has brought me a platform that I’ve enjoyed for a while now, amazing shows, and a whole library of comics to read. Going around on social networking I fear people may be right on the issues that DC Universe is failing. DC may have a ton of shows from our childhood but only has 6 original shows with only 5 still running.

Currently these are the DC Universe Originals

Stargirl
Young Justice
Doom Patrol
Harley Quinn
Titans
Swamp Thing

What shows do you think DC Universe try to make, or should they try and go for an original movie of the service? I’m not trying to be a complainer I just worry. Many people would love to see a new Static or a Mini-series show.

Any thoughts?

10 Likes

Here’s a good question to ask: these people on the internet spreading this speculation…do they have any verified or credible information?

The answer would be no. Because there is no credible information from official sources stating that DC Universe is going anywhere or changing.

So the best bet is to treat anything anyone says without verified information from credible sources as rumors, because that’s what they are…rumors.

10 Likes

Also about the shows, it’s been almost two years since DC Universe launched of those shows you listed, we’ve had two seasons of Titans (with a third on the way), two seasons of Doom Patrol, two seasons of Harley Quinn, one season of Swamp Thing and a season of Young Justice (with a fourth on the way), not to mention Stargirl and DC All Stars. Since the service launched they’ve managed to give us a new episode of an original series almost every week (give or take three weeks here and there) So, yea, that’s pretty impressive.

if we’re recommending stuff I do like your idea about a Static show. That could be fun!

10 Likes

@superby1 Awww. Don’t be grrr. :hugs:

I’d imagine a good show would be something less expensive along the lines of Stargirl. I think Zatanna, Booster Gold, Vixen, Question, Steel, and several Bat Family members would work.

9 Likes

You had me at Booster Gold!

7 Likes

I hope that isn’t confused. I’m not suggesting a show with them all at once. I think you could pull off a show with any one of them. Was that understood? I’m off today.

5 Likes

Can you imagine a show with all of them…because I’d watch that show!

4 Likes

I’d be into an Aquaman ( I know they tried with Justin Hartley), Bruce Wayne, or any superhero Smallville type show.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a Harley Quinn animated universe and seeing a few spin offs from the HQ show. Shows based on those versions of the bat family, Justice League, or even a suburban dad Joker could be great.

Seeing Static return in something new would always be welcomed.

9 Likes

Suburban dad Joker would actually be fun!

5 Likes

Booster Gold would be an interesting character to work with as a show.

3 Likes

A new Static show (or anything Milestone-related) would be appreciated.

I know Powerless was super short-lived on NBC, but another superhero-adjacent sitcom here may be more successful. Something based on the recent Wonder Twins comic book, perhaps.

6 Likes

Eventually when production can resume On the pilot episodes of the contest winning shows we have those to look forward to. Honestly, if done well and we have no reason to think they won’t be, DC universe should consider picking up all of them for a season.

3 Likes

I’d like a House of Mystery Horror anthology show.

8 Likes

That would be awesome.

2 Likes

How many original shows does Disney+ have? How many will it have when it’s a little under two years old? I’m all for talking about what other shows DCU could add, but four live action series (two of which got second seasons) and two animated series (again, with multiple seasons aired or announced) is pretty impressive this early on for any streamer. And they’re all good!

1 Like

I still think Powerless would have worked if they’d kept the original premise (insurance company in a world where super fights cause massive amounts of property damage) instead of changing the company to Wayne Security. I thought the show was funny, but that part always felt forced to me.

2 Likes

I think a Question series (detective/mystery) would be great and not that expensive. Maybe even set it around Gotham in a search for The Court of Owls.

The only real question is how to do the mask. Could the fo it as a practical effect or would they have to do it digitally? If digital, that would blow the budget.

7 Likes

Oooh! That would be fun!

2 Likes

Not exactly a superhero show but a dedicated ‘after-show’ for the DC Universe Series like The Walking Dead has with The Talking Dead. I know DC Daily has dedicated episodes for recaps/interviews in between their other episodes but if they plan on doing something else in the future after DC Daily ends that would be cool.

It should be an auto-play aspect to each episode so after you watch an episode of the DC show the recap is ready to play. One icon to click for the “After-show” and another for when the next episode airs. This way it might be easier for more people to get into the recap shows. At least with me I usually forget about recap episodes to stuff unless it’s available immediately after I watched the shows episode.

3 Likes