Geoff Johns Appreciate Thread

Can we take a minute to thank Mr. Johns for providing some of the best work DC has put out? Not only is he responsible for number 1 book sales consistently, but he has also turned several franchises into respectable powerhouse names. It’s safe to say that if it wasn’t for Geoff I probably wouldn’t have purchased the comic books I have today. In closing, I am glad that he has brought so many new fans together and continuing to do so!

35 Likes

I have enjoyed every book he has written. I am reading his Shazam book not because of the character but because he is writing it. But my favorite two comics he wrote are Aquaman and Green lantern

4 Likes

He’s in my top 3 favorite comic book writers of all time.

4 Likes

Geoff Johns’ 12 issue run on Booster Gold is my favorite of all his work.

4 Likes

He’s my absolute favorite DC writer. His creative output (including his TV writing) is the stuff of legend.

5 Likes

My GOD

3 Likes

Geoff’s is my absolute favorite writer and the greatest of all time as far as I’m concerned. I feel good after reading one of his stories. That’s a special gift that only a few of his like can claim to have.

5 Likes

Can I take a minute to thank each and every one of you guys for showing love to Geoff Johns. This man is a legend!!

Look at the repertoire - Batman: Earth One, Aquaman: The Trench, Teen Titans, Green Lantern … and so many more.

You guys have exquisite taste in writers. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t forget to give a S/O to Mr. Johns through other means of Social Media!!! After all, he deserves the recognition. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I can sum up the excitement his writing brings me in one sentence from Green Lantern #24:

“Let’s light 'em up!”

6 Likes

@Harleys Puddin: Don’t forget Mad Ghost Productions. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

His JSA run made me fall in love with those characters. To this day I still crave more.

4 Likes

The best ever. That Green Lantern run was just a masterpiece.

4 Likes

The greatest writer I have ever seen.

3 Likes

@DCCC Not to take anything away from Messrs Robinson, Goyer or Levitz but Johns was absolutely the shining star of JSA.

Any other fans of Johns’ overall Justice League work? I enjoyed the Crisis of Conscience arc of JLA. His New 52 Justice League run is neck and neck with Morrison’s JLA as my favorite JL run of all time. Once it’s all here, I might pull an all nighter or however long it takes and binge it all.

2 Likes

@Vroom going on a Johns reading binge is one of life’s little pleasures. Oh and let’s not forget his seminal Teen Titans run. Personally I think it blows Wolfman-Perez right out of the water. Before reading his TTs I never ever cared for any Superboy. After that Conner Kent became one of my all time favorites. This stands true even today.

1 Like

Another great thing about GJ is he’s the master of turning worthless/cheesy characters into cool and compelling ones. Just look at what he did with The Flash rouge gallery or everything with the JSA and their baddies. The man’s just fantastic at this.

4 Likes

rubs chin in contemplative thought You know, that’s a tough call when it comes to Teen Titans and The New Teen Titans.

I’ve read all of Johns’ run and about 80% of TNTT. I really enjoyed TNTT but Johns’ run has my favorite Robin ever and was my first exposure to various characters that I’ve since become a fan of. I think I’ll give it to Johns on this one and that’s a completely objective opinion.

1 Like

@Vroom Tim Drake was such a great leader during that run.

1 Like

To quote one TV’s greatest sitcoms:

“I love the Drake!”

1 Like