Green Lantern (1960-) #59

Green Lantern (1960-) #59

Hal’s first personal crisis, which started in book 49, continues through 50-59. While Hal struggles with the baggage that comes along with being Green Lantern he moves away from Coast City and finds work in the insurance business. It might not be much of a plot device, but you would be surprised how even that small thread helps start tying all the stories together into a more cohesive package. The stories were on par with what you should be used to by now, and we got our first true two-issue story. Off the top of my head I do not remember their being any teamups this run; it is all GL. Some of the villains were strange choices. Baron Tyrano was just Hector Hammond. I am not sure why they dropped Hector and at the same time pulled a real stretch of a ret-con to bring back Major Disaster from the dead. Yes, I know, people come back from the dead all the time in comics. It does end up ruining a lot of the drama or importance of these things if they ultimately mean nothing. Still, good set of books all in all. I almost forgot to mention the introduction of Guy Garnder in an interesting little story. That is a name I am sure we will see again. Right! Moving towards 70 then. See you there.