HARLEY QUINN S1 Ep 01 Premiere Reaction Thread 🚨WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD! 🚨

What made you think that you wren’t going to like it? I like that DC is breaking the mold with their DCU exclusive shows and allowing their characters to not be as censored as they normally are in comics or the live action TV series. Kaley & Lake are killing it!

3 Likes

Jim Gordon was my favorite! I would never have expected this take on his character but, somehow, it makes sense.

6 Likes

It’s even more interesting that here Gordon is voiced by none other than former Law & Order SVU cast member Chris Meloni (aka Stabler).

I admit Kaley Cuoco nails Harley, just could’ve used Harley’s trademark accent.

2 Likes

This show is absolutely FN amazing .Harley has always been one of my favorite and lovable “villiians” i use that term loosely cause I’ve always seen her as more of an anti-Hero and this show provesit’s been awhile since i felt such elation for anything show in recent memory .I Can’t wait for the next ep. Thank… You DC!!!

2 Likes

One more thing about all the f-bombs. These writers are probably so used to being constrained by network television rules that being able to add cursing to their TV writing is probably a new thing for them. Think about the first time you were left unsupervised around candy for the first time. They are gorging themselves, so to speak. I imagine once they get used to the idea that they can say whatever the fsck they want, and the novelty of it wears off, it will probably tone down a bit.

1 Like

Gordon is the best part!

3 Likes

I loved the fact that Harley finally realized she needed to move on and get away from her abusive ex. Hopefully she either falls in love with Ivy or she finds the person she deserves.

5 Likes

I actually like this show. Its fresh something new. I will keep watching

2 Likes

Do not eat while watching this show. But it is so funny and clever and wholesome.
Wish this wasn’t week to week or I would marathon it.

1 Like

why aren’t they gay?

1 Like

Well, keep watching! There have been lots of narratives around Harley and Ivy’s relationship, and there are a lot more episodes to explore our characters in the episodes to come :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I laughed harder than I should have, mainly because my humor is so dark. I’m going to love this series.

1 Like

Hated Gordon. If they show him again it will be too soon. Also we can have 2 minutes go by without using the f word, just saying.

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch the first episode of Harley Quinn series. Hate to say it, but I was really disappointed. The language was awful. Hearing little kids say it on SouthPark is funny, mostly because they’re kids - and they cuss when it fits the dialogue. Doom Patrol? Cliff is HILARIOUS when he drops a “F me.” But this was just bad over the top pointless abuse of not-even-language. And some of the animation was over-the-top just weird and just plain gross. I ended up shutting the thing off 4.5 minutes in - it was just so unwatchable. Maybe I’ll go back and try and watch it again without the sound. ??? Taking a pass on this series for now.

Was really looking forward to the new Harley Quinn series. Less than five minutes in and realized it was unwatchable. Putting swear words and crude references in a “kid’s” show doesn’t make it an adult show. Very talented people involved. Shame the writing went down to this level.

I have canceled my subscription due to the language and over the top gore. I had been looking forward to the series. Swamp Thing and Titans season 2 were great. Maybe I will rejoin when new seasons of those series appear.

I thought it was so bad I don’t know where to begin. I think my 13 year old son might think it’s funny because of the constant F bombs. Aside from 13 year olds I’m not sure what the target audience is. I wouldn’t let my younger kids see this and it’s cringy as hell to me. DC is really under poor management in recent years. Bad movies and bad shows. I love the Justice League comics the past few years, but other than that DC has been a big disappointment. I’m definitely cancelling my sub to this.

Its not a kids show though and isnt marketed as such.

Dont care if the swearing is too much for people but to claim it’s anything but an adult cartoon is ridiculous

It was never meant to air Saturday mornings to young kids. Don’t hold it to that standard

2 Likes

Loving everything, BUT Ivy quickly became my fave thing about the show…and Gordon w/ his ptsd. They’re both scene-stealers. Only complaint is having to wait to watch it weekly. It’s a 30min cartoon, guys. Really??

I actually enjoyed this interaction and thought it was funny since it was so realistic. This is something my friends and I do so the joke was there even though there wasn’t a single punch line.

2 Likes