HARLEY QUINN S1 Ep 01 Premiere Reaction Thread 🚨WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD! 🚨

Just being crude and swearing every other word does not make it an adult show. I know it was not marketed to kids but the animation style looks just like the DC shows intended for children with the same characters.

What is the point of all the curse words? We already know the bad guys are villains.

Wholesome?

agree with you,so far ivy is the most interesting character in eps 1 and 2 .will keep watching early eps are always shaky on new series

2 Likes

So because a show looks like its intended for Kids, it cant be an Adult show? That’s basically what you’re saying

Also if a show has swearing and the gore like images i don’t think its intended for kids

It has a TV Ma rating on the detail for goodness sakes

Just say you didn’t like the humor and move on. Its not that serious because the show isn’t trying to be what you think its supposed to be

3 Likes

Yeah, it felt like they were trying too hard.

Must DC always reheat the same five characters over and over?

“Look, everyone! It’s a girl! And she’s crazy! And it’s new because we’re cussing! GRRL POWAH!”

Honestly DC needs to hire more people outside the bubble of fans who think that everything is awesome.

Doom Patrol was amazing,
Titans season 2 was decent (although ridiculously angsty), and Swamp Thing couldn’t decide what it wanted to be.

I got bored halfway through the pilot of Harley Quinn. Now I’m waiting to see if Doom Patrol season 2 can justify my subscription.

I’ve been reading The Justice Society Comic from 2006 and can’t believe this nonsense came out at the same time as Civil War. Just… wow.

There are tons of good writers out there, hire some good ones.

1 Like

I like this so far. Great first episode. Love that it has a bit more humor and campiness to it- with animation that kind of reminds me of family guy or American dad at times. However its a bit more gory than either of those shows. Harley is voice acted perfectly by Kaley cuoco. Ivy is definitely a stand out too. And Alan Tudyk does a great job as the joker too. Can’t wait for next episode.

2 Likes

I just wanted to pop in and say I loved the first episode and can’t wait to watch episode two later tonight. I personally didn’t mind the more mature elements. I think it’s great that DC is looking more at animation as a style of story-telling and less like a medium for children’s shows. Between this, Doom Patrol, and young justice the original content is stating to shape up. Tho titans, yeah that still kinda sucks. Can’t wait for future episodes!

3 Likes

Yes, this has been such an amusing ride so far, hope they keep it going.
P.S. bring back swamp thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice

2 Likes

Loved it. Keep it coming.

1 Like

For anyone thrown off by the constant swearing in the premiere episode, I thought the second episode was MUCH more digestible. There wasn’t NEARLY as much constant cussing.

2 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of this “too much cursing, too much violence” opinion and it makes absolutely no sense. Think about what these characters are. This show was never for children, that’s been done. And, to be frank, its not as if children won’t hear cursing or see violence in real life with or without anyone’s permission. They’ll become adults and hear/see it all one way or another.

And for the adults with virgin ears: really? if you can’t handle “swear words” as an adult person, life must be unimaginably difficult. thoughts and prayers.

3 Likes

I always find it VERY telling when people react like this to those sorts of comments and then take them out out of their context to imply “racism”. Enyjoy the aryan brotherhood!

1 Like

I was scared about this show and put it off until now. Everything in it however is fantastic. I love that it stays away from political correctness and is just straight fun adult comedy.

1 Like

Overall, I absolutely love the new series. But this was something that also took me by surprise. But I think it kind of makes sense in this world. Gordon is one of the strongest characters in Gotham, perhaps rivaling even Batman. But I can see this version of him showing signs of stress. I would still like to see more of who Gordon is within this slightly overworked version of him.

And now that everyone has been mentioning it, yeah, I miss Harley’s Joiysie accent, too. But I think she (the actress) not being from Jersey herself didn’t want to create a fake accent. So, she just put herself in Harley’s shoes (minus the accent) and played herself. I still think it came off well. I feel the same with Joker’s character, also. So, on this Earth of the myriad multiverse; Harley doesn’t have a Jersey accent, and Joker doesn’t have the signature Mark Hamill laugh. But this Earth’s Harley and Joker are still very much Harley and Joker.

And the cussing, that was the first thing that stood out (on this Earth). I’m not advocating or censoring, but I feel Harley is just venting out of years of frustration, while Joker is frustrated because suddenly his former lackey/love interest has developed her girl power contrary to their previous misogynist relationship. And everyone else is just frustrated over Harley’s inability to solve her frustrations. But it still seems to work for the show. I about died at Joker’s angst when he says “Oh ■■■■ . . . this again . . .” I want to hate him but is was just so funny. I was instantly on Team Harley.

2 Likes

Nope, just nope. Made it a few minutes in. F-bombs and gore don’t do it for me. Sad, because I love shows like Harvey Birdman and Venture Brothers that are absurd in their humor. I also like Bob’s Burgers over Family Guy. ForTV-MA the humor just feels so juvenile.

I love this fresh take on Poison Ivy most, I think. The sarcasm dripping off her is delicious! lol
I mean, I love every thing about this show, but the direction in which they’ve taken Poison Ivy -going so far as to point out that Dr. Quinzel helped her in the past before she became Harley- gave them a past I’m not sure we’ve seen before.
It gives me hope that my favourite ship in the sea (PoisonHarley) might eventually become part of the show. :wink:
Plus, the way Ivy just lets Harley have her crazy moments (“I’m gonna go ahead and assume the picture is talking to you…” lol) is too precious and funny.

3 Likes

I agree. I would love to ship those two. But twice now (in three episodes) Ivy has shown an interest in Kite-man. I’m not sure if she truly likes him or if she too likes to lean toward an abusive/whatever relationship. And maybe that’s why she’s also attracted to Harley. She admitted to Harley she loved her. But Harley was too busy to notice as she was having one of her crazy moments.

And speaking of fresh takes, I love Clayface. He’s almost as bent on Thespianism as Harley is on upstaging Joker.
But I really don’t like Dr. Psycho but in a good way as in I love to hate him. But I totally dig how Harley takes that pint sized misogynist misanthrope in stride and makes him part of her crew.

1 Like

I loved the first episode, I could not stop laughing.

Also, Frank the plant needs to be a regular on this show!

2 Likes