Harley’s Crew ♦ HARLEY QUINN ♦ TV SERIES DISCUSSION 🚨 Spoilers ahead!

This piece of art captures and distills the essence of Ivy’s natural floral pulchritude
Ivy has transcended what us mere mortals conceive with our little minds as feminine beauty and uses our own elemental chemistry to get us under her, not skin exactly, but whatever the outer layer of a leaf is.

9 Likes

@void_empress
Wow… Thank you for posting this! Very insightful. :thinking:

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but it made me even more excited for a renewal! :star_struck:

This made me :pleading_face: even though we all knew this about Ivy…
“[Poison Ivy] was just terrified of embracing [her feelings for Harley] because Harley is the most important relationship in her life, and also, remember, one of her ONLY relationships,” Halpern told a fan about Ivy’s character. “She’s a loner who would rather not be such a loner, but has been hurt so f*cking bad by basically everyone in her life (we’ll see more of this in season 3) that the idea of f#cking up the relationship with the one person who truly loves her made her push all her feelings down.”

She’s so adorable! :weary::green_heart:

10 Likes

10 Likes

WhoamyGOSH! :eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I definitely have to agree that this version of Ivy is my absolute favorite, so much so that I think it would be really weird for me to go back to the version of her that is more “seduce then kill” (aside from the original versions from when she was first created of course). The reason why I say this, is because this is a version of Ivy that has gone through so much character development literally since her first scene in episode 1. This is a version that, yes prefers plants over people, she isn’t “I must kill Batman and all humanity in order to let plants take control” anymore, she seems more realistic and can actually identify what it means to care about another person, and that even if humans aren’t the best, it’s okay. Quite frankly, this isn’t the Ivy that is going to throw sex pollen in order to attack others for an evil scheme, or make plant babies and a vegetable woman to take down Batman anymore. She has changed a lot (even in the comics too, especially in Harley Quinn’s run). Yes she has a love for plants, who she wants to take back the world they naturally grow in, but she simply doesn’t kill humans for the sake of killing them anymore. She has matured, she has more wisdom now, and she doesn’t have to flirt her victims to their deaths anymore. If you look at Ivy from this show and compare her to… any other version (Injustice 2 video game, BTAS, the Arkham games, the LEGO games, Uma Thurman’s portrayal) she is soooo significantly different that… it’s actually hard for me to remember that this is still the Poison Ivy character. I hope that this is the direction that they take her in from now on, because while sexy Ivy is a classic, realistic Ivy gives more to her than just what she had going on before (sexyness is still there, no question of course :sweat_smile:).

(Sorry if this sounded a bit repetitive, I had a thousand thoughts about this going through my head as I typed)

10 Likes

The whole quote @Hiraeth shared is a mind-reader. Ivy could have Harley with her physically, but the mental Harley that Ivy loves so deeply is so concrete, and Harley herself so volatile, that it would be to Ivy as if Harley had become possessed by a completely separate entity; a telepath like Doctor Psycho. I’ve shared this song on these boards before, but it’s the Harlivy “anthem” to me because of how accurately it describes Ivy’s feelings and the relationship. I will partially copy and paste my own post from another board:

Now, listen for I know you’ll be counting on the me from yesterday if I turn into another line of lyrics in the song above. In correspondence to these lyrics, Ivy counts on the Harley she is best platonic friends with. Kite Man aside, Ivy worries that having a sexual relationship with Harley would change who the latter is or the relational dynamics between them, or reveal something about her (Harley) that Ivy doesn’t want to experience contact with.

PS @Hiraeth can u count how many times U’ve used the :heart_eyes: emoji? Do you use it a lot when you actually text?

8 Likes

“Ivy kissed a girl and she liked it… hope the Batman don’t mind it…” :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

:flushed: That’s actually freaky :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

OMG. Second day of this GIF’s posting and I’m still LOL’ing. :laughing: Just so funny/cute @Hiraeth. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

D’awww! Thank you, @DC89! :hugs::dog: This gif is a very accurate representation of who I am. :laughing: I’m so glad you enjoy it! :smile::purple_heart:

5 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd
YES! I agree with everything you said! :smiley:

Especially this:

Soooo damn true! :heart_eyes::green_heart: #QueenIvy #YAAASyas :laughing:

And never apologize for such amazing words (no matter the length). :blush: I always enjoy reading your comments/posts because they’re very thorough and insightful. :hugs::purple_heart:

8 Likes

:scream::heart_eyes: This fan art of Ivy is gorgeous! :green_heart:

10 Likes

LOL! :laughing::purple_heart: I definitely could not guess how many times I’ve used that emoji! :laughing: And yes, I use it quite often. :grin::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Whenever I see :heart_eyes:, I will always know who was there. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

D’awww… Shucks! :hugs::purple_heart:

9 Likes

Dat gif is sho cute! :hugs:

6 Likes

Thank you, that means a lot. It was just an impulsive thought that I had when I checked the thread. But yeah, there is a major change between the original and new versions of her. #QueenIvy

7 Likes

Guys, HARLEY QUINN SEASON 3 JUST GOT CONFIRMED!!! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: I’M SO F#&%ING EXCITED! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

11 Likes

YUUUUUUSSSSS THIS IS TRUEEEE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS @Harleys-Crew ! :purple_heart:

#HarlivyForever :hugs:

21 Likes

We’d be doing BYOS WAL’s, but I’ve never been more happier and excited in my life! More Harlivy snuggling! :hugs: :poisonivy_hqas: :harleyquinn_hqas:

9 Likes