Harley's Crew Book Club, Weeks 9 & 10: Harley Quinn/Gossamer (Single Issue)

Since we wrapped up Heroes In Crisis, and seeing that it’s the Halloween Season, instead of jumping directly into Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy we’re going to spend these next two weeks reading the silly and EXTREMELY fun Harley Quinn/Gossamer book!

As always, we’ll take the first week (10/12 to 10/18) and then we’ll discuss the book during the second week (10/19 to 10/25)!

Here’s the link to the book:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/harley-quinn-gossamer-2018-1/e9c86b6d-712f-443f-b49d-6c5fbdec28ca/

I can’t wait to read what you all think!!!

To join Harley’s Crew go here:
https://community.dcuniverse.com/g/Harleys-Crew

7 Likes

Just gonna park this right here for @Harleys-Crew. :ghost:

10 Likes

Got a song @TheKateKane? :eyes: I see you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

just lurking :eyes::laughing: if something comes to mind i’ll make sure to bring it here :smile::purple_heart:

4 Likes

No pressure. I’m just teasing you. :hugs: You should read it and come back to play tho.

4 Likes

who am i to say no to teasing and playing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing: i’m about to start a movie :eyes: but i’ll be here after i read it tomorrow, pinky swear! :hugs:

6 Likes

You have a whole week before discussion starts—no rush. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Very cute I liked it. I’ll reread it closer to discussion.

5 Likes

Heh, considering your avatar, I would have been surprised if you didn’t like it. :laughing:

5 Likes

I haven’t read this book, but its on my Favorites list now, so I’ll give it a whirl. Gossamer’s always fun.

As for tunes, how about this?

It’s apropos to Gossamer, and I know he’d headbang to it something fierce. Get it? See, he’s a beast and beasts can be fierce, so…

This just came to mind, and seems appropriate given that we’ve a book featuring two different worlds of WB-owned entertainment colliding…

This has nothing to do with the book in question, but it’s a rad redo of Jefferson Airplane’s “Somebody to Love”:

4 Likes

It’s spooky season yall

4 Likes

:laughing: Yeah, I’m sure Gossamer did too except for the second pic in. Didn’t look too happy with the direction of the makeover. It started me off laughing though.

4 Likes

hmm, i forgot that the AMs would actually be the day after tomorrow :thinking: but i am reading it!

4 Likes

Ok, so! First impression: I’d recommend it…to the right person. :+1: I liked the way Gossamer was drawn, but not much of the rest of the art. It was a goofy and sweet monster story, which is the point, so this was a good team up. I mean…look at them holding hands!! Aww. :purple_heart:

As for the story: Harls, congenial and curious, takes poor lost Gossamer in and feeds him, does his hair—Makes me wonder if she’s this way w/ others because she’s just that open-hearted and captivated by the peculiar, or is she driven by loneliness and a sense of inadequacy? :thinking: Either way, this is one of the reasons she’s interesting…if the writers use it correctly, that is.

Here, I think they did. She officially adopts Gossamer here—it’s a simple, but sweet gesture. :diamonds: (And YES, I’m lovin’ the pigtails!! :raised_hands:t3:)

She returns him home, gets a super magical potion to give her full super powers—a Happy ending! Fun, easy read. Enjoy the bonus comic at the end, as well. Different tone—touch darker, I’ll say.

THEN…brb…

6 Likes

THESE popped up. The Catwoman/Sylvester was fun. I’d recommend it for sure. I’ll probably give the other in the series a read. :books: :coffee:

4 Likes

oo yes! today is the day! i have read the book and i am ready to partake in discussions! :smiley:

5 Likes

giphy
What did ya think? Did you check out any of the others?

3 Likes

i haven’t read any of the others yet, but i’m really glad i read this one! it was a lot of fun!! :grin: i enjoyed how it showed Harley’s big, silly heart, y’know? she cared for G in her own way, and it was sweet to watch. i also liked some of Harley and Ivy’s interactions around the start, and how it was clear that they were more than friends :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Agree. :facepunch:

Oh you mean them sweet talking and SHOWERING TOGETHER!? lol Yeah. Like best friends do, of course! :smirk:

Again: “Friends”? K! Sisters don’t do this either. :diamonds::green_heart:

6 Likes

yess, and i thought Harely’s line about how she couldn’t cuddle with her phone (or something along those lines) when Ivy told her to call her was very cute as well :heart_eyes: we need more than this of course, but even in such a teasing fashion it still does my heart some good

3 Likes