Hourman (1999-) #1

Hourman (1999-) #1

Lookin forward to the rest of this

2 Likes

not as bizarre as other DC titles but definitely a bit off…i’m curious to see where this goes.
I just finished Identity Crisis (my own hard-copy) for the first time (due to the odd order in which i have ended up reading DC’s main continuity the surprise ending had been spoiled) and was really blown away by the way in which the narrative was delivered from the first person perspective of various heroes, villains, and characters depending on where the story’s focus lie. The only reason i bring that up is to say that coming off of a literary high such as that one, this late 90s Hourman just seems rather peculiar in that i can’t quite tell if its trying to be weird or funny as in both cases it kind of misses the mark. that being said, the entire concept of the character of android hourman of the distant future in conjunction with his allotted powers both before and after and his seeming subsequent self-depowering) is enough to make me wonder what kind of impact he will have on the DC continuity of that era.

1 Like

I hope we get to read more of this series!

1 Like

Naive robot teen with innocent relationship melodrama. If that’s your thing, this series is for you.