How Did Injustice Affect Superman for You?

whether you like the Character or not, injustice really made superman evil. So ive been wondering if injustice affected your opinion on the superman?

Personally it made me really sad seeing how far a great character has fallen, superman was always an American hero and seeing him going down a path that not only brought him down but as well as the rest of the world. It showed how important superman is within the DC universe, but it also made me appreciate the superman that we have even more.

10 Likes

I really like the games and the comic was good, but I fantasy that it affected my opinion of Superman. He’s been around as a force for good my entire life, and this isn’t the first time he was shown as going bad. I think it’s cool to see different versions of the characters we love.

5 Likes

So overall you still like superman? Same here, I love superman but ill admit seeing him evil was a guilty pleasure.

5 Likes

Yes, of course. He’s still the Superman in all the other comics.

Heck, I still trust the guy! :grin:

4 Likes

Love Superman, hated the premise of Injustice, so I never gave the story a chance (the game or the comics).

4 Likes

I think of Injustice as an Elseworld. The games are fun and from what I have read of the comics they are also fun. My love for Superman hasn’t been affected in the least one way or another.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’m not a big Superman fan. But I loved this version of him. To me, this series shows that everyone is just one bad day away from something.
One of my problems with Superman is how he is usually so infallible. But in Injustice the whole premise is that he fell hard. He lost to the Joker. He lost Lois and his whole world. And that’s what I love about it.
I don’t think it really affected my thoughts on Superman too much, It did make me think a little more about how I don’t like him. But I do love Elseworlds stories. And Injustice is a great one.

5 Likes

The game themselves are still very fun, the comics are overtop and bloody. The most exciting part of injustice(imo) are the fights and seeing the Characters interact. Give the game a chance at least.

1 Like

Good to know. :smile:

1 Like

For all seasons is a great elseworld superman comic.

2 Likes

@American-Alien I do have the first game (the Ultimate Edition that has Zatanna and Lobo), I’ve just never bothered with playing story mode. And the 2nd game looks amazing, but I feel no rush to play it.

3 Likes

Oh now I understand. Yeah thats the one I have as well, I honestly think the second one is better than the first. I love the gear system and how we can make different combinations with the gear, and how the characters have quotes at the beginning.

2 Likes

As a huge Superman fan, I’ve five words:

Joker got what he deserved.

6 Likes

:cold_face:

1 Like

Joker’s death is long over due. Other than that, did injustice change your opinion on superman in anyway?

3 Likes

I’m sorry.

1 Like

Change my opinion of him?

No, not really. Other than it showed why he’s far more terrifying than Batman could ever dare be, and why we should thank Rao he’s on our side in the regular continuity.

I liked the Injustice Superman taking charge and getting things done.

I wouldn’t ever want the regular Superman to be like that, but that’s the fun of alternate universe/Elseworlds tales: they show us characters in ways we normally don’t get to see them and the ramifications of their actions in their respective continuity.

6 Likes

I say it made me like him more as character. I like Supes he’s a cool character but this injustice version was my first evil Supes (not counting red kryptonite since that’s and effect not his decision.). I like how it shows what Batman does to prepare for the league going bad is right. You never know on the what could happen and this proves it. Also I just enjoy the games and story of it. Shows even someone as good as him could turn.

Also emperor Supes is just great.

5 Likes

Hated the idea of Injustice. It was actually alright. Tom Taylor is a good writer and he took a screwed from Jump Street premise and made something pretty enjoyable out of it.

But, no. Superman is Superman. He’s the nicest man alive. Injustice is a long-form Elseworlds.

3 Likes

Injustice is an elseworld. I have no problems separating Injustice Superman from Superman. I mean we have had Ultraman for a long time. This is nothing new. In fact this is THE way to explore villanous superheroes. Much better than doing the infected story and similar where they don’t mesh with the characters and leave the book broken.

2 Likes