How many of your local relatives, friends, neighbors or co-workers read comics - digital or paper- regularly?

Post the actual number here along with category.

Example: I know one person in all of my local “I am in the same building sometimes” type acquaintences who regularly read comics.

I am very sure the fact that most if not all of us end up “singularly” reading comics and only have the comic book store clerk and whoever is shopping at the comic store that week we visit to chat live with about the latest stories…is why this Community (and the Discord site of the DCU Book Club) are such a pleasant surprise for many of us!

But how about you? Any fellow DC Comics fans in your local circles?

5 Likes

Only one.

And then my niece who is a pageant queen in Pittsburgh is getting into comics so there’s that!

4 Likes

1 family member
3 people I know thru work

2 Likes

My Dad used to read a lot of the books I got when I was growing up, though he doesn’t have a lot of time to read as much anymore. :frowning:

2 Likes

Zero. I’m a first

4 Likes

None,

3 Likes

My dad read some of DC’s war books when he was a kid while my mom said that she read Teen Titans on occassion in her teen years.

I just found out that my niece is a big DC nerd. She lives in another state, so that goes against the local rule, but it’s still someone I physically know that is into the brand.

I have no co-workers and don’t shop at a comic store, so those are both no-go’s for me.

2 Likes

In my group of friends it’s me and one other guy that actually reads comic books on the regular. The rest just like the movies. So, it’s a Lantern fan (me), Batman, Batman, Batman, Superman, Aquaman and Spider-Man (yes it’s Marvel and we give him sht over it lmao)

2 Likes

I have a couple of friends that do and we oftentimes read each other’s books. We’ve been doing it that way since we were kids. Back then we decided that since we all only got a certain amount for allowance from our parents we would each buy a few different books outside of those we all wanted to read right away and then trade them between ourselves until the entire pile was read.

I also have a co-worker who reads comics although he’s more of a Marvel fan than a DC one. He is a bit fan of the Arkham games though.

Then there’s an uncle of mine whose collection of comics, that I found in my grandparents attic, started my own journey into both the Marvel and DC universes. I never knew him since he died in his late teens long before I was born but he is the reason I started collecting comics

3 Likes

*that was supposed to say “a big fan”. Autocorrect strikes again.

1 Like

As far people I call friends and not just casual aquantiances from the comic book shop I know 5, my brother reads them on occasion too but is by no means a regular at the comic shop.

2 Likes

I’ve got you guys on DC Universe, but that’s pretty much it. I’m waiting for the right person to introduce to comics so that I can have someone to talk to about them IRL.

1 Like

yeah, zero known irl, which makes DC Daily and my local shop invaluable resources

my bff since grade school loves the movies and has seen every episode of Smallville, but doesn’t have the patience for print canon

dedication to comics is rare and precious; DC Universe content and the community are a wonderful gift

1 Like