How would you improve Titans?

• Don’t add anymore characters. Keep Donna, Raven, and Jason off now that they’re left. Keep the cast small since this show clearly can’t balance the dozens of characters. Maybe add Tim Drake but that’s it.

• Enough with the emo misery. The Trigon horror house, Cadmus torture, Dick in prison. All overly miserable stuff. Some TV shows do miserable tone really well. This show writers can’t and it ends up sounding like teen dark poetry

• Actually have the heroes in costumes being superheroes? Two seasons in and Kory, Gar, and Rachel never become Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven. Dick doesn’t wear his costume the whole show.

• Cut Hawk and Dove or give them a spin off. They take up so much time and go in circles of flip flopping about being heroes or not.

2 Likes

I think that hawk and dove deserve their own show… they end up with their plots feeling forced and crammed in to the show. Considering that they’ve been my favorite part of the show for the most part I would prefer they just get their own show.

These are perfect notes. To a T! It all starts with widdling down the cast count. While most of them are good acting wise it has proven to be an incredibly difficult juggling act for them. Hawk and Dove had the best episode Season 1 but they are hamds down the ones that should go and become a spin off.

2 Likes

Kinda disagree I don’t think Rachel turned on Dick I just think she wanted to get out of the tower and she used the team’s Dick Jericho situation as a excuse to leave the tower Because Beastboy said it in a episode Dick keeps them in the Tower all day.

The problem with the show is the berlanti recipe. The team spends more time fighting itself then actual villains. Even when they come together they just can’t have a win. This show is a little bit higher quality cue show with better budget but even still you can see it’s not a gods one. The fight scenes are poorly choreographed and their timing during the scenes is bad. Also they need a different scorer. The music helps set the tone and don’t do a good job with this.

The same recipe used for Doom Patrol as well.

I’m kinda hoping Titans has a more hero packed 3rd season and gets replaced by something different.

1. The following actors/characters are awesome: Dick, Donna (she better return), Dove and Starfire. The rest are less appealing though the one character that needs to evolve more is Raven. I’d also like to see some of the costumes become more contemporary and less comic book like (Dove’s costume is the worst along with Deathstroke’s daughters).

2. More action, teamwork, and like what everyone has said - build ups to Trigon and Deathstroke were lengthy but the final episodes ended way too quickly and were lacking in complexity.

3. Some things just don’t make sense: Donna going toe-to-toe with Superboy but then couldn’t fight Deathstroke and gets electrocuted? Hawk being back despite his body being torn up and needing drugs. I’d like to see more training, confidence and teamwork. Probably should get a few super villains in the mix too.

4. At the end of the day, more good triumphing over evil. More lessons learned. Hope.

5. Final thing: not sure how to fix this but cameos by Wonder Woman and Superman at some point would make sense.

I realliy enjoy this show and will look forward to Season 3. Let the comics inspire but then embelish. Have fun. More confidence (i.e., the Titans should be going after Lex Luthor).

Dove’s costume adds so many things to the show… And her character. when you look at her interacting with other characters when she’s not in costume you would never ever expect see her. come out in that crazy wild outfit. Okay Connor Kent needs to get his memory back and keep it so that the show can move forward. Deathstroke isn’t he is old and unappealing as a character do we really need to see him or Bruce Wayne ever again I don’t think so as far as his daughter goes Yanks what’s up with the eyepatch what’s under there are big Crystal or a scab or what? quit killing off the characters like okay aqualad one episode… Wonder girl,. Two characters with the most powers?

I would try to formation of finding the ways to keep all 13 Episodes Team related , actual TEAM , I was watching Comicstorian his issue was we got the Tail end of Last Season with the Trigan battle .
Then a cluster of back to back Solo Stories. Maybe Have Marv Wolfman write come of the show too get that classic New Teen Titans feel .

I like this show and all the characters but the pace needs some help. And how they beat Deathstroke was not very good. Plus the the ending of season 2 with the death (incase anyone hasn’t seen it yet) was awful…

I was so bored by this show and how badly written it was I canceled my sub. Peace out. I’ll catch Doom Patrol Season 2 on the flip side (HBO Max).