I’ll say it

The new Young Justice is just aight to me.

What I like: all the New Gods stuff. They do a good job of making the Tech creepy and otherworldly, even the super cycle. Stuff gods make should be creepy and weird. I am excited that it looks like we’re headed to a Final Crisis kind of scenario, with the VR headsets

What I don’t like: super self actualized Superboy. Boring. I know he has a Super Mind and all, but he has no edge. And stop trying to get a millennial rom-com, sitcom vibe. Even the action isn’t as intense as before. AND, I can’t figure out when this is taking place. It seems like new 52 or rebirth, but clearly Darkseid hasn’t invaded earth, let alone killed and reborn on earth.

Of course, I’m still gonna watch. Maybe Batman will take halo and the rest, form the outsiders and set them on the trail of nth metal.

Be patient. It’s literally just starting & I highly doubt it’s not gonna be incredible. Imagine I’m speaking in a kind, calming voice, cuz that’s the tone I’m trying to convey. I’m with u on the New Gods, I can’t wait. As far as the rest goes. I don’t share your disappointment. I absolutely love it & nitpicking 1or 2 things is like complaining about 1 particle of paint in a masterpiece painting.

3 Likes

Go away

It’s “taking place” 2 years after the last season. Don’t try to measure up the events to the comics; it’s its own story, in its own separate universe.

4 Likes

@foodini, respect everyone’s opinion

4 Likes

Foodinis been putting “go away” all over & it always seems to be above my post. So idk if it’s meant for me or the thread. If it’s meant for me I don’t know what I did to ya’ person

3 Likes

That’s funny. You could return the humor with a response of “away I go- to provide more feedback”.
The response may have been directed towards the thread creator, but if not, don’t take it personally. Other people appreciate your responses, and those people should only be the ones that you take personally (something I aim to do as well).

2 Likes

If it helps, I should also note that I only found it funny because of the randomness and absurdity in such a response.
I know I have had some users say things that I have taken personally when that was not their intent.

2 Likes

abfgmsw
I hear ya’ & thanks for the kind words. I just looked, it’s just coincidence. It just so happened I went to 3 threads & all 3 said go away right above my post. Not that I would’ve ever noticed. It just happened to be 3 in a row I randomly went to. Then when Redhood mentioned it I was like man there it is again right above mine. Just b/c your paranoid don’t mean their not after u.

1 Like

Paranoia is a defense mechanism constructed out of misplaced trust and protection to vulnerabilities. I used to have high paranoia, and I’ll be honest, sometimes it would be nice to have that back. But, never at the expense of potentially only seeing faults in people.
This description was made to say that it is alright to be alarmed when three responses after you post say “go away”. The important thing is to have the “confidence” (using the term loosely because a better fitting word may describe more accurately) to recognize that what was said may not have been the best thing to say, but isn’t worth your time to respond to someone who judges you.
I also added the other comment because I saw on another thread that you had low self-esteem (sorry if it seems like I was snooping, I was checking all the new responses on each thread and that stood out to me). I still have low self-esteem, but I learned that just because I dislike myself, does not mean others should “raise” themselves higher than me. So, I just ignore those people.
Eventually, you will understand the root cause to not having a high self-esteem, and when you do, you will be able to overcome and be in a better position than most people. When that happens, it becomes your (and my) responsibility to help others overcome their “dislikes” which can potentially become strengths.
Sorry for a lengthy post and I hope this clarifies and helps matters.
I also meant to add, along the way, you may meet one or two people who are “true to form” loyal. Those individuals can help you overcome your low self-esteem, and they will always be there for you and see the good without judgment or looking for fault (even when you seem to want them gone).
Maybe, it’s hard to find those individuals, or it may seem cliche to say, but I want to believe every individual will have that opportunity.

2 Likes

abfgmsw

No need to apologize at all, the length was perfect & very inspiring. Thank u for saying so, & I’d reflect the same advice to u, but I can tell you’ve got it nailed on how to handle those issues. I’ve tagged u enough that I know you’re not following me, & I wouldn’t care if u did. You’ve always been more then kind, so the only time I’d ever have an issue is if someone was trolling me & beating me down by being disrespectful. Thanks again for all the advice & I’ll promise u I’ll take it all to heart & do my best to stop my self loathing.

1 Like

Thank you for your response as well. I still have a lot to learn, but I am glad to help people with what I know. I don’t know if the Moderators would allow it (especially since there were two failed attempts already), but I think it would be cool to be able to discuss these things without people judging or thinking people need to be “fixed”, in therapy, etc.
All I can say is that if there is a way to discuss our untapped skills masked as problems, whether it is on another social service, more posts, or through a mediator, I would like to be able to help however possible.

2 Likes

abfgmsw

I’d be down with that. Just discussing it does help tho. Thank u for recognizing & reaching a hand out. It’s good to get the weight off. I’ve never done social media, but I’ve heard some horror stories, to slightly exaggerate. This forum, (& I’m guessing cuz it’s the only online chat forum I’ve ever done) seems to be more controlled then the big names. I love the environment here. All like minds, & bashing is weeded out. Speaking as a minority in the online field, it’s a comfortable place to exchange ideas.

1 Like