I LOVE All Star Games

I freakin’ love it. I wasn’t expecting to, but I do. I wanna get my hands on DC Heroes so badly now.

28 Likes

Sure seems like the perfect commercial for a re-release.

16 Likes

I hope the rest of the episodes are great Freddy and Sam have a great dynamic together and really look genuine about the fun they are having.

10 Likes

I never played RPG other than in videogame format, but I found the show quite interesting to watch.

7 Likes

Yeah, the DC Heroes RPG actually looked like a pretty good system. Im also enjoying the theme of having the Breakfast Club with everyone having a secret identity and secret motives. Itll be fun to see if they stick to similar themes in future RPG episodes, as well as what other types of games they play.

7 Likes

Same here, never played a RPG but watching this was so fun! I was so into the story, kind of makes me feel like I missed out playing RPG… I should have played when I was younger :frowning:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @touchofchaos. Enjoy the service

3 Likes

I’m in too! I love RPGs, and the group on the show is so fun! Hoping DC release the game somehow…

4 Likes

I’ve been playing DC Heroes since 1986 or 87. It is one of my favorite RPGs, simple, yet complex enough to cover most things.
I know Mayfair Games (The original creator and distributor of the game) exists, though the system has gone through a few changes since then (Pulsar Games released a non-DC version of the game with improved rules and horrible artwork). Maybe we’ll get to see a re-release of the classic?

5 Likes

The problem with a re-release, while I’m hoping it happens, is that DC doesn’t own the game system. They gave Mayfair Games the license to use the characters and settings of the comics. The game system itself is owned (last I knew) by Pulsar Games Inc. who used it to produce the Blood of Heroes RPG, itself now out of print.

Not a tough problem, but it has to be resolved properly before it can go.

2 Likes

I watched it last night and I was instantly in love with the concept, the dynamic among the group, and seeing one of my favorite RPGs from childhood being played! I don’t watch wrestling but the wrestling guy is great, so fun to see him getting into his character.

7 Likes

@iron_gargoyle welcome to the community. Glade you enjoyed the show. Did you see the interview with Freddie? He said they already came up with stories for more seasons. More with this game and other Dc games also.

4 Likes

It’s on episode 359 of dc daily if you haven’t seen it.

3 Likes

Anyone have guesses as to who the characters really are? Personally I think Katie is really Catwoman. I have a slight suspicion that Brooke is Clayface, but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I was in love with an earlier theory that Katie was going to be Harley Quinn as a teenager. But with the bullwhip now I can’t think of it being anyone but Catwoman. Although never pictured Catwoman as being young enough to pass for a high school student.

And as for Brooke… Mud on her shoes, mud in the deans office… is sure seems like Clayface is involved somehow. Although not sure if I remember that version of Clayface being around in 1984, but wouldn’t nessecarily stop them. Although would like if they kept it to characters and portrayals accurate to the time.

5 Likes

Same here, I love every minute of watching it!!!

4 Likes

A spirted roster of players, personality on display. It inspired me to get out last week and take in an after work D&D session at The Brooklyn Strategist.

3 Likes

It’s even more complicated than you were thinking. Mayfair thought they owned the systems (MEGS), so they sold the system to Pulsar. DC contested that Mayfair owned the system and that’s pretty much where it sits now. According to DC, they own they whole shebang, so this could be their move to consolidate that claim. But as far as I know, neither Mayfair nor Pulsar has given up their claim.

4 Likes

Sam is an amazing DM I’m blown away at the flow and all the elements going on in his narrative :exploding_head:

7 Likes

@dave619.82916 welcome to the community. Enjoy the service.

2 Likes