In you're opinion, who's the greatest strategist and tactician?

Please dont be basic and say bats. For me its between slade and braniac. I love lex, but he’s more of just a strategist than a tactician. Who ya got?

5 Likes

Toss up between Martian Manhunter and Oracle. Their job is to organize and coordinate the world’s heroes to keep everything from falling apart, and it’s only by their effort that the League works at all.

2 Likes

@hubcityQ oracle isn’t really a tactician, but i agree with j’onn.

2 Likes

YOU try running the Birds of Prey, especially when it became this enormous network of heroes post-OYL.

4 Likes

Calm down calm down. Are you talking about gus or babs? If gus then yes i give you credit.

1 Like

Slade is the best tactical thinker is the DCU,with his takedown of the Justice League being the best example. Maybe Ras al Ghul for strategy, but then he has centuries to implement it.

3 Likes

@msg i think ras was a great candidate as well

1 Like

Im gonna go with Mr terrific although I’m not familiar with his books in JLU he ran show after J’onn left and in the JL v Fatal Five movie he’s great,

Also did u say don’t say bats because he’s the seemingly obvious choice or do you believe he’s overrated as a tactician? Im a huge batman fan he’s my favorite character but his secrecy and paranoia tend to be a weakness at times, particularly in Dark Knights Metal and Tower of Babel for examples

4 Likes

Not the greatest, but Superman is a surprisingly adept strategist and tactician. People tend to forget that about him.

1 Like

I’m definitely talking Babs.

2 Likes

@brett i said bats cause its to obvious, he’s practically a god when it comes to planning amd strategizing. And @vroom i never thought of clark like that, but i can see it, he does step into the leader and planner role a lot.

1 Like

Okay just to be pedantic, strategy and tactics are different, those good at one are not necessarily good at the other.

3 Likes

Exactly! Thank you msg.

1 Like

,Kinda different answer but I’ve decided Barry Allen is a great tactician (running counter clockwise, I’ll vibrate each hand at a different frequency to create time whirlpool) but a horrible strategist ( I’m going to sprocket with the timeline to save Ma).

2 Likes

Me. I’m a genius.

4 Likes

Well, it would have to be a hero, because the villains lose all the time, so they can’t be all that good.

Oracle’s a good choice - she was the go-to coordinator for the entire superhero community while also directly working with both the Birds of Prey and sometimes Batman on a tactical level. Emphasis on “was,” because reboot.

Amanda Waller is a really good strategist, but usually lets other field commanders take care of the tactics.

Athena sort of seems like too obvious a choice, being the literal goddess of strategy and tactics, but… she’s the literal goddess of strategy and tactics.

Salakk is the strategist for the Green Lantern Corps, but again, the tactics are more left up to individual Lanterns.

Nightwing may not quite be on his mentor’s level, but he’s led numerous highly successful iterations of the Titans, both as the main strategist and the field leader. Tim Drake is probably as good, if not better.

I don’t know much about John Constantine, but my understanding is that he’s consistently able to outwit far more powerful enemies, so he’s worth a mention.

On the tactical level, Mister Miracle’s ability to get out of sticky situations is unparalleled.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

1 Like

Hub City Question is the greatest strategist and tactician in these threads.

3 Likes

Brainiac-5 tops them all. Including making Oracle look like a Girl Scout by comparison. (Sorry HCQ, nothing personal) He’s doing strategy on a galactic level, all with heroes in the same age range as YJ. Not to mention being highly tactical when directly involved in LoSH missions.

As both a strategist and tactician he’s even more capable than Batman.

2 Likes

Hush.

Athena is a good one. Forgot about her.

1 Like