is content being removed?

I have noticed some titles are no longer available to watch. Crisis on Two Earths and Dark are no longer available? Shouldn’t DC be adding content instead of removing it?

2 Likes

I think the idea is to cycle content like other streaming services (i.e. Netflix). It’s one way to keep things fresh. I understand your frustration, though.

1 Like

@sictopher.41519, titles are being updated over the next few weeks. Some times that are being taken down may come up again before the end of the month- it’s a big overhaul, so please check in again at the end of January for a full report on what’s been added!

2 Likes

I dont understand why they would remove and or limit content? isnt the premise of the site to be a central location to access all dc content? limiting doesnt keep it fresh all it does is make me question if this is worth the cost of membership, if i want to watch a animated movie thats not in cyle i have to go to a different media now, this makes no sense and is another example of bad business decisions whos bright idea was it to limit access to titles? its like corporate comes up with bad ideas just to feel like they are contributing. this makes no sense terrible business model

With services like Netflix, content is only PERIODICALLY removed, and isn’t generally taken down after only a few weeks or months of availability.

There are reports out there right now that the service has not been profitable, and a lack of content is almost certainly a contributing factor.

If DC wants the service to be a success, they need to “frontload” it with content that is available for longer than just a few weeks or months, and make it available on as many platforms as possible.

1 Like

Also, the reason that other services remove content is because their usage contracts run out. Did DC rent out the shows/movies that they removed to other platforms? If so can they let me know where I need to sub instead of here to actually watch that content? You don’t see netflix removing their own self produced content from the platform.

1 Like

Well so far the stuff produced for DCU hasn’t bee removed as far as that anology goes. BUT I do agree they rotate stuff out too fast, maybe it is a result of the service not being profitable but while I more then get my money’s worth, they have not been doing a great job with the content. Yeah, they have limited options of what to put on with all the movies and Tv licensed to other services, but that alone doesn’t explain all the issues.

2 Likes

And also I do agree if after DCU launched they are licensing this stuff out and only keeping it here when no one will pay for it… contrary to what they seem to think people will figure that out and most are not going to pay for their dumping ground.

1 Like

I noted under the red hood was removed too. Thank gosh I watched it

1 Like

if this is how its going to be moving forward i will just cancel my subscription after i watch young justice season 3 no reason to keep a monthly sub if i cant access all dc content when i want how i want