Is Tim Burton’s Batman Returns As Good or Better Than the First Movie?

Thank you!!

The Nolan run on Batman are without a doubt 3 OUTSTANDING films. HOWEVER Batman '89 and Batman Return are the GOLD STANDARD for the Batman film franchise. Batman Returns is an amazing sequel MK & MP play there roles to perfection. Classic!

1 Like

I never liked returns outside of catwoman and batman. The tearing off the mask was horrible. But after reading this post I will give it another shot.

2 Likes

Returns is better. 2 words Danny Devito.

2 Likes

@The_Batman2021 I did not realize Penguin was created in December 1941 (I don’t know why I did not know that). That’s really cool and makes Batman Returns even better - having that tie-in as a Christmas movie with the Penguin!

2 Likes

Yeah tearing off the mask was dramatic, but it ruined the idea that it was some high tech bulletproof material. It just looked like a rubber mask

1 Like

Very interesting fact

1 Like

Batman Returns is better than Batman.

1 Like

Watching Batman Returns right now! Again! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve seen it so many times! Still a great movie. I think it will always be a timeless classic

1 Like

Love Burton’s two Batman flicks. I prefer the first one. Saw it at an impressionable age and it showed me Batman was more than the Adam West portrayal for the first time. I was 7.

1 Like

I was 9 when I saw Batman in theaters. I loved the Adam a West Batman as a kid but I’d never seen anything like the Tim Burton film before. Made me a lifelong fan.