iZombie:Who will die?

Well the moment is upon us. This Thursday, we say goodbye to iZombie. I have loved this show from the start and the characters just click together in a way I haven’t enjoyed since Mike and Harvey on Suits.
However, I know a trope of series finales on shows such as this is that there is nothing left to lose. They are not coming back to they can risk it and kill off main characters to show the emotional stakes at play.
With this heavy heart, I just feel at least one of my favorite characters is not making it out alive or at least more permanently dead on a show where some characters are zombies.
From the teaser trailer, with Liv talking from a complete white room, they may want you to believe she will make the ultimate sacrifice. I think this is a red herring. Seen enough shows to know better.
My current guess is Peyton. Liv’s narration indicates it starts with a scratch. It is possible that Peyton, one of the few remaining humans, finally helps out against her kidnapper Blaine to help the kids. She had been without purpose since not being mayor and would want to help. Liv could be offering her to become a zombie with her not being able to take it for some reason. She would also impact Ravi so it would carry more weight.
I was also leaning towards Clive as he has a baby on the way and he has been with zombies and humans for entire series. To lose a future father would be a gut punch.
Who do you think will not make it? Hopefully I am wrong and only Blaine gets it, but I worry someone I like will also get it.

Watching the finale as I type this so I’m cheating big time. Blaine and Donnie are in the well although I don’t see why they can’t climb out. Peyton is a zombie and Ravi is every kind of mad because he thinks she is dead. Clive is out of play I think because he is holed up in the hospital waiting for his baby to be born. Well Major just died, oops Major isn’t dead, but Liv thinks he is. Big explosion in the morgue, but I have to start cooking so I’m out.

1 Like

And the answer is…none of the main characters. Plenty of fake outs but everyone made it out. Even Blaine and Don E because they probably just went full Romero from being in well without brains and maybe tore each other apart.

1 Like