Justice (2005-) #12

Justice (2005-) #12

outstanding series…unfortunately, had to read the final issue as a hard copy because comics stopped loading for me (not a problem with this particular issue but rather a consistent and incredibly irritating problem with the entire DC Universe comic-viewing service). It seems like this is happening more and more often as i did not have any major issues reading comics on DC universe a week ago…but now getting through a single page (panel by panel) is an excruciatingly tedious venture. if this problem isn’t somehow resolved within the next month either on my end (but thus far i have tried EVERYTHING - see the “general help” [or whatever its called] thread for more details)or your end. i’m going to have to end my subscription…and that would really dissapointment as i’ve been a DC man since Tim Burton’s Batman 30 years ago…and i’ve stuck with you guys through the good times and the bad…from when you were on top with the nolan trilogy to the dismal era of post BvS…from crisis to Blaskest Night…please resolve this issue of comics not loading properly! this is the one thing that you have on all other streaming services.

To the fellow readers:
Which Alex Ross-Justice version of the titular Justice Leaguers/Legion of Doomers is your favorite? which one is your least favorite?
Personally, I most enjoyed the rendition of the jealous joker (despite his relatively small role in the overall yarn) but most disliked the overtly emotional Aquaman…i guess it just clashes with the new Jason Momoa version that i picture in my mind.
But overall, i feel that Alex Ross’s hero-characters are the flattest and least dynamic of the bunch in this particular story. that being said, i feel that he did this purposefully in that he wanted readers to initially sympathize with the villains so as to more easily accept the premise of the story. The story itself being the true heart and soul of this. Like Kingdom Come, Jusice utilizes deconstructionalism to subvert the expectations of readers in oder to craft a unique, self-contained, and brilliant story. It gives me great pleasure to have seen this and Kingdom Come made available to subscribers of DC Universe. There should definitely be spotlight on Alex Ross (daily episode, mini-documentary. short or feature length adaption,etc) in the near future. something like that would be a sure-fire hit!

This series strikes me as unusually… privileged. It seems rather sexist, the storyline as much as the art, and the reading of Manta and his issue with slavery is startlingly white, for lack of a better term. That stuff ruined what was an otherwise enjoyable story for me. :confused: