Welcome to Week 1 of the Justice League Book Club!
To kick things off, we’ll be looking at where the Justice League began in 1960 in the pages of The Brave and The Bold, to where they wound up well over three decades later in the beginning of JLA, one of the most heralded Justice League ongoing titles EVER.
What to read:
- The Brave and The Bold #28, the first appearance of the Justice League of America!
- JLA #'s 1-4, the debut of Grant Morrison’s fan-favorite run on the title (be sure to note how the story in each issue bears the title of a classic sci-fi movie )!
- Is this your first time reading the debut of the JLA in The Brave and The Bold #28?
- What are your thoughts on how Grant Morrison brought together a new League for a new era?
- What was your favorite moment from this week’s material?
This discussion will run from today, October 5th, until Thursday, October 15th. That’s right, TEN DAYS! Our normal discussions will go for one week and start on Thursdays, but in honor of this being Week 1, I wanted to start on a Monday and give anyone interested an ample amount of time to read and take in the wonderful adventures before you.
That’s the mission, League. Start reading and have FUN!