Hello and Happy New Year’s Eve Eve Eve, @JusticeLeagueBookClub!
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking towards a wonderful 2021 (speaking of wonder, how about Wonder Woman 1984, eh?). This week concludes two things: a look at comics that starred the Justice League which also featured tie-in toy lines by Kenner (best toy company ever, FYI) and Endless Winter, the current Justice League-based crossover that ran through various recently released comics this month.
What’s on the docket for this week? Read on for all of the terrifically tip-top and toyetic deets, friends!
- The Total Justice mini-series.
- Total Justice was based on the toy line of the same name by Kenner, which ran for three series from 1996 to 1997. Prior to this week, were you familiar with this line or the comic that tied into it?
- What was your favorite moment from this week’s reading?
- Total Justice was written by renowned writer Christopher Priest. Are you a fan of his, and if so, where do you rank Total Justice amongst his other comic credits?
- Total Justice toy commercials!
Sadly, Kenner didn’t have any TV ads produced for series three of the line, but here are photos of the figures in the series:
Black Lightning (his very first action figure)
Green Arrow (the first of two Kenner-made Connor Hawke Green Arrow figures)
Huntress (her very first figure)
Parallax (his very first figure)
Outside of Total Justice, let’s talk about the conclusion of this month’s Justice League-related crossover, Endless Winter. Here are the details for the series finale in Justice League: Endless Winter #2, now available at your favorite comic spot:
“Endless Winter” chapter nine! This is it-the final chapter in the five-week, nine-issue Justice League crossover! With the Frost King’s origin revealed, the Justice League must battle the mistakes of the past as well as the global freeze that now threatens the entire population. This issue is snow-packed with characters and action as Superman battles Black Adam while Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Queen Hippolyta, and Swamp Thing face the Frost King and his monstrous army! All of the world is watching, and the Justice League must make a choice.
That’s the happs this week, League! Have fun, and I wish all of you a fantastic 2021!