Justice League Book Club Week 11: A New Era for A New Year

I got mine for like 35 dollars, if that helps.

3 Likes

Oh… Hello there again Justice League Book Club! Tally-Ho! :grin: :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, this week’s reading… :face_with_monocle:

I had a lot of fun with it. I enjoyed the story and the art by Jim Lee… :astonished: :star_struck:

When I looked into the series I saw I had read #50 at one point and it got me thinking about why… :thinking:

And then I remembered! It was actually one of the first comics I read on DCU as I saw it was mentioned in one of the captions to start reading Rebirth. :sweat_smile:

Oh yes very much into DC prior to August 2011. :clark_hv_4:

I would say I was hooked as a young, young ajm08g watching Batman, Superman, Justice League The Animated series. And around the time of 2011 I believe I was figuring out how to deal with the airing of the final season of Smallville… Was more a watcher of DC content, but always wanted to get into reading comics and happy to have that chance now for the past 2 years and hopefully for many more. :smiley: :+1:

Well… I found to like a lot of moments and could probably narrow it down to 1 for each issue. :nerd_face:

Justice League (2011-) #1 Moment

Batman taking GL’s ring was also pretty funny. :joy:

Justice League (2011-) #2 Moment

Justice League (2011-) #3 Moment

This actually reminded me of Batman V. Superman when Diana was thrown back by Doomsday and smiled for the fight. :wonderwoman:

Justice League (2011-) #4 Moment

Thank you Mr. Jim Lee for this shot. :shark: :ocean:

Justice League (2011-) #5 Moment

Justice League (2011-) #6 Moment

Thank you Very Much Mr. Jim Lee for this shot! :star_struck:

Okay and now looking at all them again… Maybe the moment from 6 might be my favorite… :sweat_smile:

And… For the bonus points for 13 and 14… :grin:

Justice League (2011-) #13 Moment

I didn’t know what to think when I saw this… :flushed: :grimacing:
But it definitely was a moment! :open_mouth:

Justice League (2011-) #14 Moment

This was also quite unnerving… :fish: :eyes:

2 Likes

Woah. :astonished:

Didn’t realize how much time it took to put the rest of my other post together… :sweat_smile:

But this does help! Thank you. :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, all I can think of is you reading on your tablet like:

:rofl:

2 Likes

:smile:

That is funny. I think I was too much in shock from seeing Cheetah’s bite being able to be effective against Superman’s skin. :fearful:

Overall this sums up well everything during that moment for me though. :sweat_smile:

And thankfully Superman returned to normal later. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

I should also add that the inkers did a phenomenal job as well! :sunglasses: :+1:

What also added to my enjoyment was possible Easter Eggs while reading. :egg:

Some I thought were from these moments. :thinking:

A Nod For Future State

From the cover of Future State I thought it was interesting Superman was in chains and maybe in the Future State story they might reference this time above.

A Nod to the Original JLA

And… When GL had his arm in a construct cast I was reminded of the time when GL did that in (I believe it was) Superman (1986-) #82 as a result of GL’s fight with Mongul. :gl_hv_2: :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

The chains thing I think is more of a reference to an iconic cover of Superman breaking through chains.

3 Likes

Oh nice! :sunglasses: :+1:

Whoops. I meant for instead of from Future State. Unless they had The Flash run to the future and back, then in would be a nod from Future State… :rofl: :flash_hv_1:

2 Likes

Funny you mention the Origin DE, as I might be getting it for my birthday. Looks like a rad hardcover.

Your other books are great too. Definitely some solid reads there.

2 Likes