Justice League: The Snyder Cut- Differences and Future

HBO Max launches in exactly 7 days and I can’t think of any reason it won’t last awhile given the contracts they’ve already secured with Cable companies such as Charter. WB has confirmed the Snyder news, so this is happening. What I read stated that WB is also budgeting him additional millions to finish up. Did you read something different?

3 Likes

It’s so weird having actual reputable news sources for a discussion on here, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

This explains it well. Think what sticks out more than anything is when you compare his previous films to Justice League. You can tell which parts did not fit, like the subtle jokes, and the overall feel of the movie. Think a lot of people though it would be a simple director’s cut with a few minutes of deleted scenes. But the runtime of 4 hours is all that needs to be said.

With all the various changes over the years (HBO Max, new leadership at Warner Bros., the pandemic’s impact on upcoming content, #releasethesnydercut ), the idea of this doesn’t sound far-fetched.

1 Like

The Hollywood Reporter article I read is saying budget might be $30+ million because they are bringing back in cast for additional dialogue:

In this new era of streaming hungry for content … you can bet every studio, right or wrong, is going to mine the depths of any/all material they can put out.

Those who said the Snyder cut would never be released might have been correct if we didn’t have so many different streaming services willing to pay for content to attract and retain subscribers and we didn’t have the pandemic which basically shut down production everywhere and will cause some delays without content to fill the gap and satisfy streaming customers.

2 Likes

Right, and that’s basically what the article says as well - that this was the perfect storm to bring the Snyder cut to fruition.

It’s interesting to me, though, that it doesn’t appear to be as complete a cut in its current form as some had led us to believe.

3 Likes

I don’t like it!

2 Likes

If Snyder has 4 hours of footage, I’d say it was pretty complete actually. It sounds like the spit and polish work including the expensive VFX and paying for the actors to add additional dialogue is what’s going to drive up the price tag.

2 Likes

I noticed the official article after my comments.

The next question I am wondering though is how much different will it be from the theatrical. If it is vastly different, knowing Snyder, I’d probably have to pass on it.

I liked Justice League. Having another version of it isn’t a bad thing. It is sort of like Superman 2. We have the theatrical cut and the Donner cut. I prefer the Donner cut but that there are moments that feel incomplete. I have a feeling that is how the Snyder cut will be for JL.

3 Likes

I would love to watch Snyder’s Cut, but with the movie being on a streaming platform, the movie won’t need to worry about ratings-my biggest concern.

1 Like

I just can’t believe it’s happening. I wonder if it will lead into the HBO green lantern series.

1 Like

The HBO GL is in relation with the Arrowverse. And, while Crisis included Ezra Miller’s Flash, I hope the movie “DCEU” and Arrowverse stay separate.

Behold for this message comes from a once future. The Snyder cut is here. Er at least it will be.

He was right, though. Reports says it’s gonna take a few tens of millions to finalize the watchable-for-wide-audiences version.

1 Like