Kingdom Come.. a Little Late

I just finished reading the kingdom come series and regret not reading it sooner. That being said I am looking for more superman content and was hoping I could get some suggestions for some Superman titles?

3 Likes

If you liked Kingdom Come, check out Justice by Jim Kreuger and Alex Ross.

Other Superman stories I would recommend (in no particular order):

• Superman: For Tomorrow by Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee.
  • All Star Superman by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely
  • Superman For All Seasons by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale
  • Superman: Secret Origin by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank
  • Action Comics: Brainiac by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank
  • Last Son by Geoff Johns, Richard Donner and Adam Kubert.
  • Death of Superman by Dan Jurgens
  • Luthor by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
  • Doomed (crossover by several writers/artists).
  • Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid and Leinil Francis Yu
  • Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? By Alan Moore and Curt Swan.
4 Likes

If you need some help narrowing that down, here are the three I’d unqualifyingly second.

2 Likes

Honestly, read the triangle titles. That’s a wealth of great stories.

2 Likes

Listen to @moro, he knows what he’s talking about. I likely would have put the same list up as well.

2 Likes

Thanks to eveeyone who commented can’t wait to dig in! Hope everyone had a happy Halloween

1 Like

How about it’s good sequel, Thy Kingdom Come. After those my favorite Clark comic storyline is Emperor Joker. I also suggest his tie in comics to Gods and Monsters.

Yes, definitely read the triangle era of Superman comics. And of course, start with–I believe to be the definitive origin story–Man of Steel by John Byrne.

While not a mainstream Superman title, I’d recommend the elseworlds “Superman: Secret Identity”

It’s a story that explores what it means to be Superman in the real world. It’s a beautiful story that I come back to at least once a year.

Superman Smashes the Klan is a more recent story (sort of recent) that is worthy of reading.