LIVE Q&A: DCYou Unscripted Finalists! Tuesday, February 25th @5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST

Have a question for the DCYOU Unscripted Finalists? Join our live Q&A TODAY @5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST

Starting Tuesday, February 25th at 5:30pm PST/8:30pm PST, we’ll be hosting a LIVE Q&A with the finalists of our DCYou: Unscripted competition! For those who missed their pitches, you can catch up on all the details here.

This Q&A will feature not one, not two, but THREE special guests!

Elora Powell

Elora Powell is a writer, comic-book lover, and recovering sidekick. She loves pairing records from the 1960s with great comic books, and has a lot of opinions about all the Robins, and phone polls held in the 1980s.

Comic Book Road Trip :department_store::blue_car:
In Comic Book Road Trip, comic book fans travel to beloved comic book stores in local neighborhoods to investigate how these shops provide inclusive, fun communities for geeks in real life.

Molly Brady

Molly Brady graduated from The University of Texas and began her post-graduate work shortly after in the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre Writing Program in New York. Her writing career began in earnest when her parents praised her sketch, RuPaul Revere Rides Again, as an “interesting use of her history degree.”

Cosplay Clash :woman_supervillain: :superhero:
In a whirlwind first year on the West coast she optioned her pilot script and has been writing steadily since. Stan. Create. Clash. THREE COSPLAYERS show off their craft and creativity as they compete for honor, glory, cash and prizes.

Royce Miller

Royce Miller was born in Des Moines, IA. He has been enamored with DC ever since he was small, seeing Batman & Robin at the Drive-In and enjoying Batman the Animated Series at home. He loves the larger than life and eccentric characters making up Batman’s Rogues Gallery, with Scarecrow being his favorite.

Arkham Escape :chains: :guardsman:
Can you escape the inescapable? Eight teams take on roles as hench persons to Gotham’s most notorious Rogues. Their goal? To escape the dreaded Blackgate Penitentiary and its dreaded new Warden. With enough mazes, puzzles, and traps to impress even the Riddler, this is Blackgate Breakout.

Have a question about how they came up with their idea, what the pitch experience was like, or what their hopes are for the future? Be sure to add your questions in the comments below, and come back at 5:30pm PST/8:30pm EST on Tuesday, February 25th to find out the answers!

8 Likes

Really would like to see the Comic Book road trip make it. There are a lot of comic book stores struggling and shutting down. My husband and I have travelled the USA and the world to go to different comic shops. It is fun to bond with Nerds and fandoms from all regions. Every comic shop is unique. It can be a family. Comics, cards, and stuff in Fort Myers, Florida was a life saver for my husband and I when his mother was dying. He bought comics there while his mother was on life support in the hospital. We found out the owner’s dad was in the same hospital. This store served as a release from the stress and eventually grief when my mother-in-law passed. It was a support system. We were devastated when my father-in-law sent us a newspaper clipping in the mail that the comic book store was close to closing its doors. It’s not just a comic shop. It’s a community. It’s a safe haven. We’ve made so many friends and met people I hold dear in comic shops. DC would be doing itself a favor by empowering the people who have shared the fandom with the community.

3 Likes

My question to Royce Miller, I’m really excited by your idea, will The Penguin be part of Arkham Escape? :slightly_smiling_face::penguin:

6 Likes

Hi, all! I’m simultaneously rooting for all of you.

Have your pilots been completed yet? Where are you all at in that process?

And who’s winning? :smile:

4 Likes

Question for Elora Powell and the Comic Book road show. Would your ideal show feature just shops in the USA or go on the international scale? And what region would you start?

4 Likes

Question for Royce,

Absolute pipe dream addition to the show but do you think one of the big wigs behind this could get Mark Hamill or, as a second choice Alan Tudyk, to do some Joker voice work ? Like just as a voiceover on the course to the joker henchmen ? Just something fun and atmospheric to consider. Same idea with Jim Rash doing Riddler, I know it’s a shameless and useless HQ animated joke but I would be a forever fan of your show if a Riddler powerup was a CostCo card (Harley Quinn S1 Ep1).

5 Likes

Hi! My question is for everyone.

What was your most memorable moment you will take away from this whole experience?

4 Likes

I have a question for all three, when will you guys start filming your own pilot, and how long do you guys hope each episodes will be, half hour or an hour? :slightly_smiling_face: Best of luck to all 3 of you!

3 Likes

To Elora:

• On your bio, it mentions having a lot of opinions about all the Robins. I have to ask then, who is your favorite?

• With the Local Comic Shop being harder to come by, how do you expect the show to keep going? Do you worry about running out of stores to cover?

To Molly:

• Is your “RuPaul Revere Rides Again” available anywhere? Because that is a title that makes one instantly want to know more.

• From what I’ve seen, the best cosplay costumes take a long time to create. While I imagine there will be a set time limit, how will you showcase the making of these cosplays on the show?

To Royce:

• You mention that Batman & Robin was your first exposure to DC/Batman growing up. Considering how maligned the movie has been in recent years and even now, do you still have a love for it?

• How often do you see the show changing up the different elements and rooms and mixing things up for the show?

Also, best of luck to all three of you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a question as well for Molly.
Will these be professional cosplayers or will they be amateurs?

2 Likes

For Elora: Will those traveling on the show be Professional presenters, ordinary fans, celebrities, or any mix of them?

For Molly; Will the competition be based around episodic themes, such as certain characters, genres of comics, or eras in comics?

For Royce: Will teams receive certain “perks”/“abilities” for working under certain Rogues, such as getting tools associated with Penguin or Joker?

2 Likes

I also had a question for all three, will there be any element of interactivity with the audience/service members, like taking themes/suggestions for future episodes?

3 Likes

4 more minutes until we kick off the fun, friends! Thanks to everyone who’s posted a question so far :slight_smile: Make sure to get yours in ASAP if you’re interested in any of the inner working of DCYou, or these awesome pilots!

4 Likes

I have one last question for all three that I gotta ask, have I ever met you on here before you guys did Uscripted? Thankyou :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oooh, that’s a great question, PF. You never know who’s hanging around… :female_detective:

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Elora here. Looking forward to chatting with you all this evening. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hello, everyone, I’m Royce Miller, creator of Arkham Escape. Can’t wait to talk with you all.

8 Likes

hey! this is Molly Brady and I’m excited I get a chance to chat DCYou Unscripted and Cosplay Clash with you all. So… AMA

9 Likes

Welcome, @elorapowell, @Royce.Miller, and @mollbrady! Thanks so much for taking the time! :heart:

4 Likes