Live Q&A with Brec Bassinger, Stargirl of STARGIRL! Monday, 5/18 @3pm PT/6pm ET

Hi, Brec!! I Really Enjoyed The Pilot Of Stargirl! What Was It Like, Working w/Henry Thomas?

4 Likes

I wanted to start off by saying, you are the PERFECT choice/actress to protray Stargirl!!! I look forward seeing the pilot episode!!!

Question: What was it like putting on the completed suit for the very first time, along with your favorite aspects of it? Also how long did it take to get the hang of fighting using the staff?

8 Likes

Get a life cast on my face for the mask. Its basically a mold of my face. It was… odd.

20 Likes

IssacBrown,
Thank you so much for watching! I am very proud of it…
I did do wire work in the show.
MAYBE SPOILER OF FIRST EPISODE IDK BUT PUTTING THIS JUST IN CASE
So in that first episode, the scene at the drive in was a lot of wire work! Even though I wasn’t high up off the ground, we needed it to look like I was being drug around by the staff. This took a lot of different wires. This is also my favorite scene in the first episode.

I knew Geoff Johns had written Pat Dugan with Luke in mind. When I found out that he accepted it I was PUMPED. They are such lovely humans (as well as amazing actors), I learned so much from working with them.

Thanks for the questions! :star:

21 Likes

MJ_and_Jimmy,
Thank you so much for sharing this!
For me, acting is all about telling stories that people can relate to. Thank you for the love an support. :star:

20 Likes

I really like the rivalry between Shiv and Courtney… which MaY JuSt Be ExPloReD.

Also, I love a good romance, so I would love to see Shazam and Stargirl’s story explored in the show :star_struck:

25 Likes

@BrecBassinger I just want to say you seem so down to :earth_americas: and very sweet! It’s been a great experience reading to your responses!

10 Likes

That would be so awesome!

7 Likes

I haven’t YET. BUT James Robinson was one of the writer’s for Stargirl and having him on set with us daily was such a treat! He is awesome.

22 Likes

KM_726,
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it :grin:

It’s so funny because I am not sure I can pin down the first time I put on the “completed” super-suit because it was such a process with so many parts and pieces and FITTINGS! So many fittings. I know that whenever I put it on now, I feel like a real life superhero. My posture and walk naturally changes, so it was a very great acting tool in that way. As for the staff, it definitively took me some time to get used to it. While I am relatively coordinated, working with the staff did not come natural to me. I don’t mind that though because I feel like my progress with the staff reflected Courtney’s progress throughout the season. At the beginning of the show, she shouldn’t feel completely confident with this six foot heavy staff in her hands because its new to her, and I personally didn’t. By the end though, I felt SO confident and comfortable with it. I found Stargirl while Courtney was finding Stargirl.

Thanks for the question!

21 Likes

Hey everyone!
Thank you SO much for the love, support, and great questions!
I am so proud of the work we did on Stargirl and excited you are all finally getting to see it. I hope it makes you laugh, gasp, and maybe even cry…
Thanks again!
Signing off, Brec :star:

28 Likes

Thank you for your time! Stay safe!

5 Likes

Thank u. That was awesome!!!

6 Likes

Thanks for all the replies! It was awesome!

6 Likes

This was awesome. Planning on watching it tonight and now I’m even more excited for it.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay Safe and Enjoy

5 Likes

It’s so great!!

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you

4 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
That was so much fun Brec, I can’t wait to re-watch with all your insights in mind! Thank you so much for your time :heart_eyes:

:star2: For anyone looking to dive into Stargirl, you can check it out in glorious, uninterrupted 4k here.
:star2: And if you’d like to watch with your fellow members, join our live Watch-Along at 6pm PT/9pm ET tonight, right here in the community!
:star2: Brec also joined us on DC Daily recently, be sure to check it out for even more behind-the-scenes discussion :star2:
:star2: And don’t forget to catch up on the comics that inspired it! We have a Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. book club happening all month long. :books:

Cast members will be joining us all summer long as the events of Stargirl unfold, so be sure to stay tuned!

18 Likes