Lois & Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman

I haven’t watched it before this service, and I am slowly making my way through it- currently beginning Season 2.
This Superman/Clark is the most progressive take on the character (moreso than Brandon Routh’s), when he uses his X-ray vision to see through to the room Lois is in (which is creepy). Plus, I like Erica Durance’s Lois because she has more personality and is definitely more opinionated.
I think this version of Perry White could give Jackie Cooper a run for his money.
Olsen depends- sometimes this one is good, and other times, I like Marc McClure.
From some YouTube videos I have seen discussing the show, my overall opinion on this show can be surmised as, How about that Deathstroke?

1 Like

Deathstroke’s in this?!?

There’s A Deathstroke in this but it’s not THE Deathstroke

1 Like

Ah gotcha. Honestly, that’s too bad. I would’ve loved to see Cain’s Superman go toe to toe with Slade Wilson.

1 Like

I love this show!! I remember watching this show when it first aired. I simply adored Dean Cain’s interpretation of Clark Kent, Teri Hatcher was an outstanding Lois Lane, and their chemistry was phenomenal. I’m currently finishing up the Legion of Superheroes, and L&C is the next show I plan to rewatch. I haven’t rewatched it in ages. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

@Batman0803 If Justice League did well, Zack Snyder still held his position, and Justice League 2 was released, there probably would’ve been a scene where Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke fought Superman.

@Summers The Legion of Super-Heroes show is awesome.

2 Likes

I was looking for an L&C thread to say this same sentiment but you summed it up better than I could. -C

4 Likes

I absolutely love this show. I have recently watched a movie called Method Into Madness directed by Jason Mewes that featured both Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. Sadly, they were never on screen together but it was enough to make me think back to the hours upon hours I have watched of Lois and Clark.

One thing I really loved about the show is that it featured the supporting cast in prominent roles. People have already praised Lane Smith for his portrayal of Perry White and they were all 100% correct. He was the cornerstone to this series with his tough love or Elvis anecdotes. Tracy Scoggins made me care about Cat Grant. In the comics, she was never a character that I enjoyed but in the show she was the perfect balance to the responsible and sometimes up-tight Lois Lane. Even to this day, when I am reading a Superman comic I am comparing the interaction of the supporting cast with Clark/Superman.

5 Likes

This was my favorite take on Superman for a long time. Yeah it was clunky in some places and cringed in others but it’s primary redeeming feature was that it best articulated the Clark/Superman dynamic that had finally made me a full time reader “Lois, Superman is what I can do… CLARK, is who I am,”

5 Likes

We can only hope that the new CW Superman and Lois show will have same chemistry between its two principles as did Lois and Clark.

2 Likes

Hopefully it does, but I’m not much of a fan of the CW’s Superman. Every time he makes an appearance, it seems like he’s only there to make Supergirl look better. If the show is able to give him a little more personality than just, “You guys don’t need me cause Kara is better in every way”, then I look forward to watching it.

2 Likes

@Batman0803: True, so far Superman has been The CW’s resident “jobber”, but let’s hope he gets to “flex his muscles” in his (well, half anyway) own show.

1 Like