"Look What I Just Got" Thread

No, just as in I don’t want people stealing my spot​:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Solid stuff indeed. Congrats on your first time (and again, on the overall haul too)!

7 Likes

15 Likes

Yay! @chongoboy1014 has checked back in! Good to see you in DCU again sir! :grinning: :+1:

7 Likes

Why thank you! Missed this place a little too much, couldn’t stay away forever so​:sweat_smile::smile:

7 Likes

These are gorgeous. I’ve never seen that Rose Wilson & I’ve looked for her multiple times. Only result was a pop. It has the same stand as my Blackfire (same line) I wonder if that’s new? Or maybe it’s just rare cuz I’ve searched for years and never saw a single Rose fig. That’s the size I wanted too.

6 Likes

This sets unreal!!! Congrats to u @DC89 as well for having it on the way. I have an Oracle but it’s not that one & came with Batgirl not Huntress & Canary. That’s extremely bad#$&.

7 Likes

It is indeed @capo-mage. DC Direct released Rose in 2005 and I had been trying to track down the figure since way back in 2012. First saw her on a vendor’s hook at SDCC but wasn’t able to purchase her at the time, and then fast forward eight years later and I finally found her at a decent price on Amazon (most sellers were trying to get $80 and above on the interwebz), so I snapped her up. :grinning:

5 Likes

I must now go hunting. Thank u for the info. I’ve even got a spot open right next to her pops.

5 Likes

Got this in the mail but didn’t order him. Sounds like a treat but I have to ship it back because they charged my card for it. So basically, this store sent me an expensive errand.

11 Likes

One day, once this whole pandemic thing is done we will need to meet up and go to random comic shops.

6 Likes

I’m so in for that.

7 Likes

We will have a lot of ground to cover! Akron to Cleveland!!!

8 Likes

Oh yeah. They just put up a few around here recently. Never had one b4 so I bought at flea market since I was little.

6 Likes

I posted this already, but I think I should have posted it here instead. My bad. Anyways, I bought the Batman and Superman Big-Figs, and customized them.

19 Likes

Nice work. For an extra layer of authenticity you could put a mustache on Henry Cavill and then cover it up.

11 Likes

gorgeous work, @bigblock66!

7 Likes

Fantastic custom work! :clap:t2:

BTW, that’s a groovy Jim Lee Superman shirt you’re wearing in the first photo. I had that one a while back and loved it.

8 Likes

Impressive! You took a couple of generic looking figures and made them look premium. Very talented :slightly_smiling_face:.

8 Likes

Just got two new ones today. :grinning: :+1:

First up, I absolutely love this DC Multiverse Mera figure. Just had to take her out the box as soon as she arrived. The seemless paintwork really brings the aquamarine colors of her costume to life, and the figure is a solid representation of Amber Heard in character as the legendary sea queen.

And, oh yeah- I got this genetically modified old guy who likes to beat up on teenagers as well. :laughing:

On a serious note, I was lucky to be able to snag the McFarlane version of Mr. Wilson at $19.99 when I did a few weeks back- can’t find him anywhere on Amazon now for less than $35 (saw him going for as high as $80 from one seller :eyes:). Holy Smokes- it’s like every single Slade figure just seems to rocket up in price as soon as the production run ends. Wow!

13 Likes