Manhunter (2004-) #25

Manhunter (2004-) #25

For a finale this was a bit of a let down, but still enjoyable nonetheless. The Sweeney Todd story seemed to wrap up a little too quickly with no real resolution as to who he really was, where his powers came from, who Sarah is/was, what his powers really were, why he needed to ingest the victim’s body parts, or really anything. For the build up, Manhunter’s battle with him was anticlimactic. I’ll give it a pass because they probably had to tie up all of the story threads in this issue. I did love what they did with Kate and her new extended family. Both her new family via Peter and Ramsey and her family of Cam, Dylan, Damon, and Todd are so supportive and lovable. Obsidian in full costume and using his powers was a great visual. I really like how they use L.A. in this book and make it feel like Manhunter’s home city the same way Seattle is to Green Arrow, etc. Iron Munro and Bones have some unfinished business. Shaw does as well. I’m interested to see where that goes, but I’m SUPER interested in seeing what happens with that guest character that shows up at the very end. Also, the stuffed bear in a Supergirl costume is precious.

2 Likes