Manhunter (2004-) #26

Manhunter (2004-) #26

Events stemming from the OMAC Project lead to Wonder Woman seeking out counsel from Kate Spencer! This is a team-up that got me interested in this book. When I looked over the covers of the issues on DC Universe I noticed this one and it made me want to read until I got to it. Of course, I fell in love with this series independently of Wonder Woman showing up and eventually even forgot that she did until the last issue. Wonder Woman training Manhunter? Epic. I also love the way they use the lasso. It just makes it even more apparent that the way it was utilized in the Wonder Woman live action movie is comics accurate.

I really want to read the OMAC Project, but that will have to wait. I still have to get through Manhunter before it gets taken off of the service :sob: I know what happens in that story so nothing here is a big shocker to me, but a big death from that series is talked about here.

The whole story with Shaw has me confused and I’m still not bored with it even though it feels like it’s been going on for a long time. It’s moving along at a nice pace for me. Dylan and Cam continuing to be whatever they are is still precious, but whatever pulled Cam away seems like a lot of trouble :frowning: The art in this book is gorgeous. I have yet to not enjoy the art in this series. Also, Manhunter does a good job of doing callbacks to itself and keeping continuity pretty tight. The night vision because of her altercation with Moon was a nice touch.

3 Likes

Apparently the One Year Later was part of a DC wide event. Now the time jump in this story makes a little more sense to me. I liked the time jump so it’s all good. I guess I should read into Infinite Crisis and 52 as well because apparently they were happening around this time. These events and crossovers are a little much for me to follow, luckily this series is pretty straight forward and keeps you looped in with what’s going on that I don’t feel I need to have read those other books.

3 Likes

Also, this issues description says this is “‘Unleashed’ part 3!” The issue is actually part 1.

3 Likes